Complaint Review: TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC

• Updated: Thu, December 12, 2013

• Reported By: VeryAngry — cleveland Ohio
TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC
29099 Health Campus Dr, Cleveland, OH 44145 Westlake, Ohio USA

TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC Shokri Wahib DDS Horrible treatment by Horrible People Westlake Ohio

I was diagnosed with TMJ syndrome and I had to find a doctor.When I googled TMJ Specialists in Cleveland,this place "TMJ and Headache Center" was the first result.I later found out they paid to be in the first spot.I go to there office and the staff and Dr.Wahib seemed nice enough but he kept insisting I needed a $700 mouthpiece to wear at night because I was clenching.The consultation cost me $130 and the X-ray another $100.I decided to get the splint a few weeks after and that is when my troubles began and my pain GOT WORSE! It costs $700 and is hard to get use to.

Dr.Wahib refused to make it or adjust it himself,saying his ditzy assistants were "just as trained as he was".After wearing it for a few weeks my pain was getting worse and worse,Dr.wahib insisted I needed a different mouthpiece to wear during the day,one that would cost $1400! I was in so much pain I agreed.All the while his assistants are doing all his work and even though I'm paying to see him,he is not even in his office.He is always out to lunch or on a trip.After so many adjustments to the night splint/mouthpiece,it was not even staying in place.Instead of making me a new one because his assitants ruined the orignal,he told me to wear Denture Grip on it!

My symptoms were getting worse and I developed a horrible ringing in my ears that I have to this day.On my last trip to the office,I complained to his idiot assitant who pretended to be looking at my charts,she comes back and tells me i was given the wrong night appliance! After almost a year of wearing it,I am told this.I got up and left.I made an appointment with a different doctor for a FREE consultation and I was told that the night splint I had from Dr.Wahib was actually making me WORSE and forcing my jaw backwards,the opposite of what needs to be done for TMJ syndrome.I call the office and ask to speak to Dr.Wahib,I am told I am not able to.I email his secretary and she does not respond back even after a month.I finally find Dr.wahib's email online and message him.It takes him a week to respond and he tells me in his email to never contact him again and he does not want to treat me !All this after taking my money and making me worse.

I later found out that Dr.Wahib practices an un-recognized form of dentistry known as "neuro-muscular dentistry.It is basically a TMJ treatment that aims to shift your entire jaw into a new position and afterwards the new position must be held in place with braces and expensive dental implants,this is how he makes his real money.I implore you all.please research this place and Dr.Wahib and also research neuro-muscular dentistry before spending your money and ending up in more pain like me.Unfortunately,it is too late for me.I now have horrible TMJ on BOTH sides thanks to Dr.Wahib and his goofy and uncaring assistants(Laury and Lisette).I almost developed sleep apnea due to him pushing my jaw back and have to now wear a CPAP machine.These peope basically ruined my life.PLEASE,PLEASE do your homework before going to Dr.Wahib.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/12/2013 02:05 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TMJ-Headache-Ctr-LLC/Westlake-Ohio-44145/TMJ-Headache-Ctr-LLC-Shokri-Wahib-DDS-Horrible-treatment-by-Horrible-People-Westlake-Oh-1106328. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TMJ & Headache Ctr LLC