Complaint Review: todayinamerica

• Submitted: Mon, February 22, 2010
  • Updated: Mon, November 07, 2011

• Reported By: Finfan — Michigan United States of America
6250 Coral Ridge Drive, Coral Springs FL 33076 Internet, Florida United States of America

todayinamerica platinum television, promis of 5-7 minute of segment on CNN and Fox news Internet, Florida

*Consumer Comment: they are a ripoff and now our cities too

*General Comment: Had the same experience!

I was contacted by associate producer of a show called today in America hosted by Terry Bradshaw.  This person's name was Bill Bunn.  They offered to do a 5 minute piece on our company for bringing efficiency by using technology.

Once Bill Bunn appeared convinced that he could use our company for their segment, he said he would recommend our story to his boss Jack Schwartz.  Sure enough I was called at promised date and time by Jack with the similar type interview mostly getting me to talk about my company.

I was told that there would be only a one time scheduling fee of $19000 as the only obligation to creating this segment.  What did not sound proper is their justification of what was in it for the show todayinamerica.

After one hour of digging I found thet these guys created several press releases and related materials but none of the partners they claimed had any stories about todayinamerica.  I found once piece of evidence that linked them to platinum Television.  Once I looked for "platinum Television Scam" on the net, I found the basic script for the pitch I had received by todayinamerica.

I am submitting this in hopes that when someone else is about to be scammed by these guys they would look on the net and hopefully not lose their money.  Good Luck!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/22/2010 03:44 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/todayinamerica/Internet-Florida-33076/todayinamerica-platinum-television-promis-of-5-7-minute-of-segment-on-CNN-and-Fox-news-I-573287. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on todayinamerica

they are a ripoff and now our cities too

AUTHOR: larry - (United States of America)

This company is calling all cities between 25,000 and approx. 80,000 in population under the pitch that they are looking at doing a story on "Discovering America" Hidden Gems to Live, Work, and Play. Of course this comes with a 20k to 30k price tag. This is for the show "Today in America with terry Bradshaw". They have probabaly already signed over 35 cities. They have no criteria other than the ability to pay. you should warn all of the cities about these guys before Coral Springs gets a bad name. Not only has the Florida State attorney general not followed up, but they now have a new so called host. Terry Bradshaw. This poor guy obviously does not know their background. His agent is David Gershenson obviously knows about them but just wants the cash.

They now go under a new name. U.S. Media Television inc. Located at 6250 Coral Ridge Dr. Coral Springs Fl. 33076 They do not have "PAID PROGRAMMING" on the websites, marketing materials, or contracts.

The latest is the "show" Net Worth. They have airings listed which are completely made up. This so-called show has never aired.!

6 shows with Terry Bradshaw?

They are still scamming companies and now cities into thinking that these are legitimate tv shows .

I hope that someone can do something to stop them from continuing to scam companies and now our cities without recourse. At this economic times where the cities are laying off teachers and other services, they should not be duped into spending 20K to 30K on a PAID PROGRAMMING fake T.V. show. I like Terry Bradshaw but he should not be associated with a compan like this and be on Fox football sunday.

#2 General Comment

Had the same experience!

AUTHOR: GilS - (United States of America)

We had the same experience with Today in America.

I was contacted by Steven Schwartz who said he was an Associate Producer on the show.

He explained how this TV profile would work, and asked some professional questions about the innovations my company introduced. He seemed to have done a little bit of homework.
Then he mentioned a $28,500 "participation fee". When I was not interested in paying the fee, his interest in doing the story evaporated.

I don't know whether these guys are for real or a scam. I suspect they operate in the gray area in between. I do know that legitimate news productions do not ask participants to pay for exposure.