Complaint Review: today's escapes

• Updated: Wed, March 16, 2011

• Reported By: Richard — El Dorado Hills California United States of America
today's escapes
9500 West Dodge Road Suite 100 Omaha, Nebraska United States of America

today's escapes Signed me up for annual membership without my consent. Omaha, Nebraska

*Author of original report: Updated Report

I signed up for a 30 day free trial.  Because they did not ask me for a credit card number,
I thought they would get back to me to see if I was interested in continuing.  Little did I know but they got my card number from The Company Store, whose website I was on.

About six months later I am going through my credit card statements and I see that they charged me for an entire year, or $189, on a previous statement. I called them up and they verified to me that I had not used their service even once.  However, a refund was out of the question, not even a small refund. The woman on the phone was very cold and she told me that there was no superior higher than her for me to talk to, so that was it. Nothing, not even a sorry.

I can understand how a shady company can be deceptive to unknowing people, but such cold customer service policies.  Wow.  I didn't know that such a bad company could do business through a retailer as reputable as The Company Store.  Terrible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/09/2011 11:40 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/todays-escapes/Omaha-Nebraska-68114-333/todays-escapes-Signed-me-up-for-annual-membership-without-my-consent-Omaha-Nebraska-693398. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on today's escapes

Updated Report

AUTHOR: Richard - (United States of America)

Today's Escapes sent me a letter of apology and they reimbursed my credit card 100%.
Looks like they are reputable and decent and they may even save people loads of $$.
Thank you for restoring my faith in the system.       Rick