Complaint Review: Todd Houslanger with Palisades Collection,llc

• Updated: Wed, November 11, 2009

• Reported By: kay — brooklyn New York United States of America
Todd Houslanger with Palisades Collection,llc
45 kensico Dr., kisco, new york huntington, New York United States of America

Todd Houslanger with Palisades Collection,llc Palisades Collection, llc under Todd Houslanger Making Improper Judgments huntington, New York

Here we go....Nov.3, 2009 i decided to go to the ATM to withdraw $20 out for a bottle of water. So upset since I know I am have been collecting unemployment benefits for a long while now. I called my bank to then be told that there was a hold on my account from a Palisades, then was given the name Attorney's name, Todd Houslanger and number to call him to find out what it was regarding. Now I have never in my life heard of this guy nor do I know who he works for. So I call and I am scared crying, having panic attacks, yelling at my fiance, etc. I call this guy and get an answering system. (it was 5 pm when I went to the store)   Nov 4, 2009..I went to my bank branch and spoke to the manager who gave me a copy of the judgment. The manager looked it over with me and seen no name of who they represented but and amount for over $2000.  They never validated anything. The same address for Palisades was for Todd Houslanger. To make things worse I could not touch any of my exempt benefits and yet the Assistant for this jerk said that my bank should have told her I was unemployed, to fax my vital info over to her. Like hell I will not. My bank said they have to remove the hold. Still I an't use any funds to buy food. My bank said I was not exempt then I was, but all funds in my account are from unemployment. The address Palisades sent any papers too was an old address I used to live at 7-8 yrs ago in which I moved since myold roommates stole money from me. Yet, I waited a day to relax and I am still stressed out and my account is on hold. I reported fraud on my credit report and I had to vacate this judgment all to attend court with the same proof I did on Friday. I could not see the file since they did not order it. Is this even ethical  or legal...I see all the complaints against Palisades on Google. My courtdate is the Nov. 18, Civil Court in Queens, NY. What should i do? The bank is so upset for me they do not want to be in the middle to be sued. I was told by a clerk in the courthouse when I called that it was At&t that theycollected for but I have no proof of that. As well, never had ans At&t account. Though, the old address was so long ago if I had seen any forms showing a threat to me I would have handled it. Though, this is hell and I should not go for it. I was able to get some of my funds but not all while the bank is hitting my account up with penalty fees do to purchases I made that did not post due to the hold in the first place...I feel like I have been raped and exposed for no reason. This has caused me so my agony and headaches.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/10/2009 09:16 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Todd-Houslanger-with-Palisades-Collectionllc/huntington-New-York-/Todd-Houslanger-with-Palisades-Collectionllc-Palisades-Collection-llc-under-Todd-Housla-522255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Todd Houslanger with Palisades Collection,llc