Complaint Review: Together Dating Service

• Submitted: Tue, May 06, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, July 01, 2008

• Reported By:dumfries Virginia
Together Dating Service
5850 Waterloo Rd. Suite 120 Columbia, Maryland U.S.A.

Together Dating Service This company stole $3,800.00 from me Columbia Maryland

*Consumer Comment: They got me too.

*Consumer Comment: I WAS RIPPED OFF BY THEM ALSO

I was contacted by TDS after I inquired about a sign I saw advertising "Woodbridesingles.com". Having been recently divorced I was hoping to meet some new single people in the area. I was told that TDS handled the introductions for the group and was then asked to come in and fill out a questionaire and was given directions to an office in Falls Church.

When I got to the office no one was there and the office was locked. I thought I had the wrong address and double checked it. Yep, I was in the right place. After waiting more than half an hour, someone showed up to let me in. (I thought hey, maybe she got stuck in traffic)

I was given some forms to fill out and was called back for an interview. The young lady doing the interview told me there were plenty of gentlemen who fit my profile and that I would have no problem meeting professional, quality men. She even knew of one or two right off the top of her head that would be perfect for me.

I explained that I didn't have a problem getting dates but I was interested in meeting someone of substance who was interested in something other than a casual fling. She assured me that the men in her service were intrested in the same thing and proceeded to let me know how much all of this would cost me.

I did think the $3,900.00 price was outrageous but thought, if I wanted to meet QUALITY men that it might be worth it. I was promised that they had several men and all I had to do was sign the paper. Well it just happened to be my birthday and I thought what the heck, Happy Birthday to me.

After I went home and thought about it I realized it was way too much to spend and called the lady back and told her I wanted to cancel the transaction. She THEN informed me that it would cost me $1,000.00 just to cancel and if I would just give it a try I would see it was worth it.

Somehow I caved in and was convinced it might work out after all. The first date they sent me didn't fit my profile at all and I told them so. They promised they would get it right the next time and that they needed me to send in my Feedback Form and be specific about what I was looking for. (I thought I already did that with the four page form I filled out in the first place!)

Then they called me to inform me they were sending out date #2. Funny how he had the same name as the first guy. When I asked what he did for a living, it WAS the first guy! I told them for $4,000.00 I was expecting someone other than a bus driver. I was very specific about wanting to meet an educated professional.

I have been sent a few more introductions and none of them have matched what I put down in my profile. I really feel ripped off and would like to get my money back. If anyone is interested in pursuing this legally let me know, I'm in.

Kacey
dumfries, Virginia

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2008 08:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Together-Dating-Service/Columbia-Maryland-21045/Together-Dating-Service-This-company-stole-380000-from-me-Columbia-Maryland-330835. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Together Dating Service

They got me too.

AUTHOR: Kid Custard - (U.S.A.)

I live in Woodbridge near Dumfries. My matches too have been "not so much." Together has honed the language of the contract to the point that I don't think the State Attorney General's office would touch it. I'm just guessing about that though.

To Kacie (sp?) in Dumfries, I am an engineer with the federal government. Divorced. Interested in talking?

I WAS RIPPED OFF BY THEM ALSO

AUTHOR: Margaret - (U.S.A.)

But thankfully It was only out 1500.00. The one here in Houston, Texas was a 100% rip off. Here is a sampling of men they tried to set me up with. One was just divorced and on the rebound and had a house full of kids. The next one was a pot head. I had my fill after those two. When I showed up at their offices to demand a refund, the director ran out an hid in his vehicle in the parking garage. I could not believe what I had been subjected to. My credit card had reversed the charges but Together convinced them to re charge me. The Better Business Bureau of Houston did nothing either. They tried to blame me.