Baltimore

• Submitted: Wed, June 20, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, October 20, 2012

• Reported By: swimdad — cypress Texas United States of America
Tom Banaitis - Carefree Boat Club of Clear Lake
1900 Seabrook Shipyard Dr, Seabrook, Texas 77586 Clear Lake, Texas United States of America

Tom Banaitis - Carefree Boat Club of Clear Lake Con man used contracted property (boat) and refused to pay owes $5000 Clear Lake, Texas

*General Comment: Uree Turnashle

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Carefree Boat Club Owns most of their Boats

*REBUTTAL Individual responds: Swimdad is the Con Man

*UPDATE Employee: Not true

I contracted with Carefree of Clear Lake to use my boat during which time they were to pay me $700 per month plus cover all slip fees, insurance and maintenance. (Over $5000 in all) They used the boat for 5 months during which time they never paid me one dime of the contracted reimbursements.  In addition the boat sustained damages they never repaired.  On top of that I find out that the boat was not insured !!!

The owner Tom Banaitis had a million and one excuses as to why they couldn't pay me.  It turns out that there are numerous other contractors in the area who have also not been paid by this guy as well as at least 2 other boat owners who I have spoken to personally.

I made numerous calls to Care Free corporate office and never received one phone call.

I admit I was taken by a real con-man.  If you chose to do business with him you do so at your own risk.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/20/2012 06:31 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tom-Banaitis-Carefree-Boat-Club-of-Clear-Lake/Clear-Lake-Texas-/Tom-Banaitis-Carefree-Boat-Club-of-Clear-Lake-Con-man-used-contracted-property-boat-a-900610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tom Banaitis - Carefree Boat Club of Clear Lake

#1 General Comment

Uree Turnashle

AUTHOR: Uree - ()

The man swim dad is dead on. Banaitis is a liar and a thief, And i have personally run the serial numbers on all the boats

and he own's nothing but a 20 year old ford explorer.......

He's a poser/scumbag...... Do some leg work on this piece of crap , We aren't his only fans

i can't believe the employees lie as they do for him !   but they can join us in court too ! ........

Uree...

#2 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Carefree Boat Club Owns most of their Boats

AUTHOR: Carefree Boat Club - (United States of America)

Just to set the record Streight Carefree Boat Club Owns most of the in their Fleet

We have in the past accepted boats into our program To help owners out of their responsibility with the maintenance And the Slip fees and the insurance reducing their monthly Outlay of cash in these hard times and in some cases we might Pick up their payments to and save them from repossessing Company's

These are ony a few options for owner who find themselves Under water and looking for a way out

Jerry Morrison (swimdad) of spring Texas really is a Con Man He was a member of another Boat Club on Clear Lake And was ask to leave for non payment of his membership With that company

#3 REBUTTAL Individual responds

Swimdad is the Con Man

AUTHOR: Carefree Boat Club - (United States of America)

In the Spring of 2010 I was approached by Swimdad to Enter a repossessed boat into the Carefree Program As always all boat are to be in current running condition And to be seaworthy, this boat was not

It was purchased by Swimdad Sight unseen off the internet and arrived by truck From Florida with a lot of problems.

Carefree and Myself tried to assist Swimdad in bringing it up To Boat Club Standards and in the process he expected Carefree Boat Club to pay for the renovation of his vessel. He was asked to leave the club for failure to bring the boat up To our standards in a timely period he has refused to pay local Vendors in our area for services that he had work on his boat He is the con man who wanted someone else to pay for all the Repairs on the boat for him.

Now only 24 months later he posted this report

As for the $700 that was collected from him it was applied to A membership as during the time his boat was out of service He used all the Club boats and locations as a member.

Please any one who might be thinking about entering your vessel Into a program please feel free to call me and I will be happy to Provide references of other owner who are very happy with our program

Not true

AUTHOR: Justdavid - (United States of America)

I have worked for Carefree Boat Club Texas for over a year-answering directly to Tom B.We have three locations in Texas,Clear Lake is primary with locations also in Galveston and Lake Conroe.Its unfortunate the gentleman who made this complaint chose to be anonymous because if he let his identity be known I could address his case directly. From what I know of this Club and Tom B,this report appears to be a false report designed to scare away potential members and biz partners.

The Marina where Carefree is located-in fact all locations-would lock up any boat with unpaid slip fees and not release it until said fees were paid-if fees went unpaid the Marina would seize the boat via rental lien and auction it off to recover thier monies.Insurance is required on all boats BY THE MARINA or they cannot be kept on Marina property.Additionally,biz is covered by insurance (including the boats) up to 3 million dollars. Damages to our boats are fixxed quickly,I peesonally oversee this aspect of our operation and bill the proper individual,where required.

I can tell you,without a doubt,that in the last year we have added 4 boats to our fleet-but,retired none so,I dont know who SwimDad is,or what boat he had in Carefree Boat Club Texas since no boat has left our fleet in over two years. Additionally,I regularly deal with Members and Boat Owners and have yet to hear a complaint about being not being paid or unrepaired damages-in fact,Boats come in via a contract which explicitly says what/how/when the Owners get paid and how/when Maintanance issues will be addressed-violation of the terms of that contract would give anyone cause for a Court Civil Action to recover damages-no such case exists against Carefree Boat Club Texas.

Again,I say its unfortunate that our competition has,to stoop to such lows as making false complaints such as this. I stand by my writtings here and am not hiding behing the anonymity of the internet-my name is David and I am easily reached at our Clear Lake office-feel free to contact me. By the way,I am at home not work-I was not compensated or directed to write this-my only interest here is seeing the truth spread-not lies. Tom is tough to work for,he expects alot of his employees and,I strive to do my best for him,the company and our members.Tough to work for but,fair. I have no complaints-he shonest and been more than fair in his dealings with me and,those I ve seen with others.