Complaint Review: Tom Matson Hyundai Auburn

• Updated: Wed, August 13, 2014

• Reported By: tddobrien — puyallup Washington
Tom Matson Hyundai Auburn
2807 Auburn Way North Auburn, Washington USA

Tom Matson Hyundai Auburn Ripped Me Off...Wont Honor Warranty....Poor Management....Rude.... Auburn Washington

*Consumer Comment: A question...

We purchased 2 brand new cars on the same day in 2012 from Tom Matson Hyundai in Auburn Wa. This is now our 3rd brand new hyundai we have purchased. We have never had problems with our cars until recently. I own and drive the 2012 hyundai accent with the automatic transmission. I noticed recently that when the weather gets hot out my car pings loudly and sounds like the engine is coming apart.

I brougth the car into Tom Matson to have it looked at. They agreed that they hear a loud pinging metal to metal type sound and began to try and find the problem. They had my car for 14 days and put 230 miles on the car trying to find the problem.

I hadnt heard from them in a while so I stopped into the dealership to see if they had found the problem. The manager of the service department said they had fixed the problem. I asked how and he said they put 92 octane in the car and the noise is gone. I was told to not bring the car back for the pinging noise as there was nothing they will do for it. I was told that as long as the noise cant be heard with the windows up then there is no problems with the motor.

I had changed the oil 2 days before taking it to the dealership and the first thing stated on the mechanical report is that the oil is dirty and was overfilled and that it had an after market oil filter on it. This is not the case. I have pictures of the oil right after picking the car up which show clean oil and at the correct level. Another rip off tactic they will try in order to not honor warranty work. Dont buy a car hear. You will not be taken care of at all. We are now pursuing legal action using a lemom law attorney..

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/13/2014 07:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tom-Matson-Hyundai-Auburn/Auburn-Washington-98375/Tom-Matson-Hyundai-Auburn-Ripped-Me-OffWont-Honor-WarrantyPoor-ManagementRude-1169679. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tom Matson Hyundai Auburn

A question...

AUTHOR: Ken - ()

What does your owners manual require for the cars octane rating?  If you ARE using a lower octane than recommended, you can damage your engine.