compromise

• Submitted: Mon, November 12, 2012
  • Updated: Sat, February 16, 2013

• Reported By: Alisa — Margate New Jersey United States of America
T.O.P.S construction
11 Highland Circle Egg Harbor Township NJ 08234 yardley, Pennsylvania United States of America

T.O.P.S construction Jeff Botlinger Despicable, Horrible , Descepitive, Will under estimate a job and over charge once the job is demo'ed yardley , Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: Settlement

*Author of original report: Watch who you let into your home

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Bitter & Broke Client from Hell

T.O.P.S. Construction/ Jeff Botlinger owner/operator Horrible Contractor under estimated my home repair. Once the 2nd floor was gutted said he could not finish the job for his contracted price. Walked off the job with a large deposit. Do Not Use This Contractor. I now have legal council.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/12/2012 05:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TOPS-construction/yardley-Pennsylvania-19067/TOPS-construction-Jeff-Botlinger-Despicable-Horrible-Descepitive-Will-under-estimat-968255. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on T.O.P.S construction

Settlement

AUTHOR: Alisa - (United States of America)

The dispute between the parties has been amicably resolved, and both parties are satisfied with the settlement

Watch who you let into your home

AUTHOR: Alisa - (United States of America)

Dear Mr. Botlinger

I am not shocked that you had the audacity to post personal business on this site as I have come to learn that this is part of your unprofessional character.  As we both are aware, not only have you spoken ill of many of your other clients regarding their personal lives,  you have also discussed with me your personal struggles in your family life, both with your wife and your financial problems,  which I would not divulge.   I could never imagine that while working in my home you eavesdropped on  my conversations and gleaned information that you are now using to besmirch my character.  As you have shown from the personal information you have posted, you are extremely untrustworthy!

The truth of the matter is that you under estimated the job, walked off, leaving my home in utter disarray.  Any payments due you were made.  You knew you were  overpaid  a substantial amount of money before you left the job, which, to date, I have not been reimbursed .  If you were an honest person, you would have written me a check for the overpayment.

Everyone needs to research you on the U.S. New Jersey Court site(www) juficiary,state,nj.us  where you have several complaints filed by homeowners, subcontractors and vendors against you and your business listed in Yardley Pa,

Making derogatory comments about me, to contractors as they are leaving my house, shows a level of immaturely that is not usually seen in a grown man, nevertheless, the contractors and I are finding humor in you and your comments.

#3 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Bitter & Broke Client from Hell

AUTHOR: Paul - (United States of America)

I am the Owner of T.O.P.S. Construction, Inc. and would like to set the record straight as to the lies that Alisa Martin has claimed here on this site. First and forth-most Alisa and I entered into a contractual agreement on October 1, 2012, which my contracts were drawn up by a lawyer. She did not make the deposit payment and the second payment until I had the 2nd floor gutted already, Oct. 9,2012,which put her in breach of contract at the get-go, but because she was a repeat customer, I trusted her. I then proceeded to do all the new framing as per our agreement, yet again she was six days behind in paying me. At this point we had a meeting and she informed me that she wanted to add more things to the contract. I put together all of the new things that she wanted to add in an addendum and that's when she blew a gasket. She told me on Oct 22, 2012 that she did not have enough money for she has no job & is collecting unemployment; that her son just got arrested, her cat was sick, she's suing her late mother's 3rd husband for money and etc.; therefore I should work with her - first, by lowering the contract price of almost $27,000 down to $16,000; and asking me to wait until she has the money. Imagine my surprise! I told her that this was unacceptable and at this point, I stopped the job in its entirety. On Oct 24,2012 I drafted a termination letter and sent it to her via certified mail.

I have counsel and Alisa Martin will be ordered to remove any and all fraudulent claims she has made against my company and will have to pay for projected profits that have resulted from this job, if any.
I am pursuing  legal action against her for defamation.
People should not have the right just to post anything they want, especially non-factual statements and not have any repercussions for them.
Please beware of this women because she has done this to several other contractors who have worked in her home.