Complaint Review: Total Defense software

• Reported By: jim — monrovia Maryland
Total Defense software
555 Twin Dolphin Plaza Suite 610 Redwood City, California USA

Total Defense software did not honor $60 rebate Redwood City California

Like many others I've read about on this site, I was declined my rebate after sending the required documents.  Initially, I was at fault for sending the wrong UPC code, but as soon as I found the error, I called the company and was told that I could send another rebate form with the correct UPC attached.  I did this and the company never contacted me again.  I called again and was told that the rebate was declined due to the missing UPC.  I told them I made a copy of the rebate form with attached UPC before sending and would be willing to send that to them.  They would not accept the copy but would 'escalate' the matter to another division.  After a couple of weeks, I called again and they said the person the matter was escalated to had not responded yet and I should wait another week.  Another call and I was told the 2nd rebate form I sent did not have the UPC attached.  After stating again that I made a copy before sending, the person indicated that if I attached the UPC to the back side of the rebate form page, they would not have scanned it.  He said they wouldn't expect the UPC to be taped to the back side of the form.  I was initially dumfounded by this, but realized that this was their way of telling me they will use any excuse they can think of to decline the rebate.  I asked to speak to a 'supervisor' who, in no uncertain terms, told me that even though she did not doubt that I had sent in the required paperwork, it was now way to late for her to give me the rebate.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/18/2014 07:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Defense-software/Redwood-City-California-94065/Total-Defense-software-did-not-honor-60-rebate-Redwood-City-California-1131702. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Defense software