Complaint Review: Total Defense

• Updated: Wed, March 12, 2014

• Reported By: Pete — miami beach Florida
Total Defense
555 Twin Dolphin Drive Suite 610 Redwood City, California USA

Total Defense Horrible software and unresponsive to refunds Redwood City California

When I purchased the internet security and PC tune up, I thought I was getting a great product as it was sold by TigerDirect, which I find out isn't as reputable as I thougtht.  Once I installed it, it removed some key registry from my new computer and I had to uninstall it.  I submitted for my rebates on both of these and one was honored for $30 and the other was past its' expiration date... no problem as that was true.  The issue that I have is that I sent in the UPC barcode from both packages as part of their rebate instructions.

One week later, my new computer was acting up and when I unistalled these two programs, it instantly was brand new again.  I was fed up and asked customer service for a refund and sent all of the required information to them EXCEPT THE BAR CODES AS I SENT IT TO THEM EARLIER FOR REBATES.  I spent $100 on both of these less $30 rebate and they owe me $70.

It has been 4 months of back and forth emails without resolution.  They don't care although they claim that customer service is super important.  Last time I shop TigerDirect.

Check out similar sites with hundreds of consumer complaints.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/12/2014 02:01 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Defense/Redwood-City-California-94065/Total-Defense-Horrible-software-and-unresponsive-to-refunds-Redwood-City-California-1130240. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Defense