Complaint Review: Total Defense

• Updated: Tue, December 17, 2013

• Reported By: anothervictum — Ann Arbor Michigan
Total Defense
San Diego, California USA

Total Defense Total Defense Not honoring valid rebate submission San Diego California

I purchased Total Defense Anti-Virus-3PCs with activation for $50 rebate on 6/18/2013 from Newegg.com.  Rebate has a start date of 6/10/2013 and end date of 7/31/2013.

I pre-registered the rebate on 6/21/2013, received the software on 6/23/2013, and installed it the same day with email confirmation from Total Defense. I cut the original UPC code from the box, and submitted the complete rebate materials on 6/24/2013.

After patiently waited for 12 weeks without any updates, I loggon to its rebate website, found the status was Declined citing missing original UPC code.  I contacted them and told I kept a copy of the submitted material with the UPC code affixed on the pre-registered rebated form, I also still have the software CD and its packaging box with the UPC code cutoff.

I was instructed to resubmit by faxing the copy of the material, which I did.  I made a follow-up call and was told that the materials had been received, but I had to wait for another 10-12 weeks for processing.

The time has passed, but I never received any update.  I logged on to its rebate website. Again, the status was Decline citing that the submission time was outside the offer's limit.

I noticed there are others with the exact same situation and responses from total Defense when I did a search online, where other victims purchased the products from defferent retailers such as TigerDirect.com.  It's hard to believe this is a coincident.  It appears an unethical practice on Total Defense's part.

In addition to the rebate flaut, I'd also like to report the Total Defense software and its technical support.  The software substantially slowed down the PC operation and I was getting warnings all the time.  When I tried to reach out to the technical support, the support was more eager to sell more premium service than providing support citing in order for me to get the support, I'd have to upgrade.  I ended up uninstalled it a month later out of frustration with the product and service.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2013 10:51 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Defense/San-Diego-California-92112/Total-Defense-Total-Defense-Not-honoring-valid-rebate-submission-San-Diego-California-1107674. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Defense