Complaint Review: Total Protect Home Warranty

• Updated: Tue, June 01, 2010

• Reported By: Clare — Las Vegas Nevada United States of America
Total Protect Home Warranty
Internet, Florida United States of America

Total Protect Home Warranty Do not use this service, they use no name providers - need $60.00 check in their hand before they perform any service Internet, Florida

I have faithfully paid monthly fees for 5 years for Home Warranty

In September 2009 I called for a plumbing leak, the (unknown company-not even in our phone book) representative that came out...2 days after reporting..walked in, provided me with a copy of my request.  Before he would proceed to go to the garage to check the leak he stated I need a check for $60.00 first.  When he went to the garage, he looked at the hot water heater..stated, I can not work on this --- it is not earthquake proof - out of code.  Until you bring it up to code, no one can touch it.  How was I to know - wasn't required on last replacement.  I told him to get out of my house.   Went out in the garage got a ladder and looked at the tank...well it was not the hot water heater - but a drain line from the humidifier that was leaking..cost me $6.93 to fix it and I am not a handy person when it comes to fixing problems.

I called back to file a complaint...did not get any satisfactory answer, other than we did dispatch a plumber to your house.

Today my hot water heater is definately leaking and I have been on the phone so far for 55 mins waiting for someone to answer ...obviously our monthly installments do not cover repairs or staffing.

Does anyone in state or federal government over see this type of abuse?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2010 07:38 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Protect-Home-Warranty/Internet-Florida-/Total-Protect-Home-Warranty-Do-not-use-this-service-they-use-no-name-providers-need-6-609268. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Protect Home Warranty