Complaint Review: Total Quality Logistics

• Updated: Sat, June 01, 2013

• Reported By: Newton King — Houston Texas
Total Quality Logistics
1701 Edison Dr. Milford, Ohio USA

Total Quality Logistics Transported their freight to Grapevine, tx at 11:30 p.m. from Houston, tx at 6 p.m. They refused to pay, and seized my money for previous loads done for them. I drove 5 hrs from Houston to Grapevine, tx in an 18 wheeler. They claimed it was 9 hrs. Milford Ohio

*UPDATE Employee: Total Quality Logistics Response

I transported freight for Total Quality Logistics from Houston to Grapevine, Texas on May 11, 2013.  The shipper, Accelerated, Inc. delayed in loading the truck for six hours (1pm to 6pm)  After loading the truck at 6 pm as opposed to 1 pm, I drove straight to Grapevine, near Dallas TX in 5 hours.  I got there at 11:30 pm and not at 1 am, as claimed by the receiver.  The receiver delayed in unloading the truck and by the time they finished unloading it was 1 am (one and half hours after arrival)

One Kathkeen Davidson called me some days after and said my company, COMP TRUCKING, would not be paid fot this load ( #3409493), but instead seized my money fot the previous loads I did for them before to offset a claim.

I signed a paper, given to me by the receiver, which I thought was the Bill Of Lading for this load, because I was not given any Bill Of Lading at pick up location in Houston, TX.  I got to my destination 5 hours after the truck was loaded at 11:30 pm, (which is a reasonable time to go from Houston to Grapevine, TX in an 18 wheeler), as evidenced by my time log book.

Please, could you intervene and ash TOTAL QUALITY LOGISTICS to pay COMP TRUCKING the money for the load I did for them? Load # 3409493.  Also, ask them to release the money for the previous loads I did for them before?

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/01/2013 05:26 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Total-Quality-Logistics/Milford-Ohio-45150/Total-Quality-Logistics-Transported-their-freight-to-Grapevine-tx-at-1130-pm-from-Ho-1055518. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Total Quality Logistics

Total Quality Logistics Response

AUTHOR: TQL Support - ()

Hello,

In reviewing the information and documentation for this load, the driver's arrival at the receiver is time-stamped on the Bill of Lading at 12:50 am on 5/12. This delayed delivery resulted in the receiver being short of the product necessary to execute the connecting shipment. Total Quality Logistics was subsequently charged a fee for this performance failure.

The time constraints and potential for financial penalties as a result of late delivery were communicated to Comp Trucking upon booking the load. The necessity for straight, non-stop service on this shipment was additionally communicated to Comp Trucking in advance of the shipment.

Despite the best efforts of Total Quality Logistics to avoid this situation, the incurrence of financial penalties was an unfortunate consequence of the situation. We appreciate the efforts of our valued carrier base and work to amicably resolve these issues wherever possible.

football