Complaint Review: total tree service

• Reported By: Lee Perkins — colorado springs Colorado
total tree service
6190 La Costa Rd C.Springs .Co. 80927 Internet United States of America

total tree service Scam artists and con people. Internet

Total tree quoted me a price to place Christmas lights on my home and never started the job.  I gave them a deposit of 700 and they were to start the job within a week.  Two days later they called and said they erred on  the bid and it would be an additional 250.  I replied to cancel the work and refund my deposit since they couldn't perform the original contract.    They refused to return calls.  My husband had a face to face with the owner when they came to remove the neighbors lights, he acknowledged that he took the money and he was sorry.  However, he never offered to return the money.  He told us he really needed the money to go to his grandmother's funeral.  I'm sorry if his grandma died but....it's still my money. I feel stupid about giving them a deposit..never again.  If it's any consolation... I got them kicked off of Angies List and have written my story on consumer reviews.  I found out that I'm not the only person upset with them.  They are crooks and thieves.  The next step is to take it to small claims court or the DA said he could prosecute them for theft.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2013 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/total-tree-service/internet/total-tree-service-Scam-artists-and-con-people-Internet-1038802. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on total tree service