Complaint Review: Totalprotect

• Submitted: Mon, June 03, 2013
  • Updated: Mon, June 03, 2013

• Reported By: allsen648 — oklahoma city Oklahoma
po box 550247 ft lauderdale, Florida USA

Totalprotect misrepresentation of coverages ft lauderdale Florida

After paying $39.95 for a home appliance warranty service for 49 months without a claim, i contacted this company with a problem with my plumbing at my kirtchen sink. the 'p' trap broke, and caused the drain to become plugged up.

I contacted the warranty company and filed my claim, and was given a plumbers phone number in my area. when i contacted this plumber, i was told they did not work on weekends. i waited until monday morning, and again called the plumber, who told me he was too busy to take my business, and suggested i contact the warranty company again to ask for a new referral. i did get a new plumber to come to my house later this same day, and he looked at the problem, said it was a relatively easy fix, and called the warranty company for their approval for him to begin work.

Totalprotect (the warranty comp) then told me i needed to pay for the service call   ($75) which i WAS aware of, but then they said i would have to pay to 'unblock' my drain. when i protested i was told the blockage was a seperate issue, not covered under their warranty. I was forced to pay $204.00 for this repair.

(the plumber said a 'normal' repair for my problem was just $129.00, but since i used the warranty company i would have to pay their service fee as well.

$39.95 X 49 months = $1900.00+ dollars, for home owners warranty which doesn't cover ANYTHING, although their own manual lists plumbing repairs....(with no exceptions noted).

When i protested, they said 'thats the way it is'...and when i CANCELLED my contract with them, i could 'hear the smile in the operators voice'

word to the wise...........BEWARE of TOTALPROTECT.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/03/2013 03:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Totalprotect/ft-lauderdale-Florida-33355/Totalprotect-misrepresentation-of-coverages-ft-lauderdale-Florida-1056062. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Totalprotect