Complaint Review: Townecraft cookware

• Updated: Mon, October 28, 2013

• Reported By: Tiredofit — Winder Georgia
Townecraft cookware
300 Dearing Road Atlanta, Georgia USA

Townecraft cookware Larry Miller Drawing to win a piece of cookware turned into a dinner in-home demonstration to sell more cookware, when told we didn't want to host a dinner the "Prize' we had won was taken back and another drawing would be held.... was told at even immediately we had WON the prize... this was a scam to get in our home to sell us expensive cookware, and now they won't answer their phone. Atlanta Georgia

*Author of original report: Not sure why I got this in August, from Feb.

*Consumer Comment: What?

*Consumer Comment: Read the box

*Author of original report: Resolution

*Author of original report: Please stop this and leave us alone.

*Author of original report: The truth never causes problems Mr. Miller

*UPDATE Employee: Townecraft Cookware

We won a drawing at an expo type show for $300 of cookware. We were given nothing the night of the show but gave our phone number for someone to contacts us, which they did immediately to come to our house and cook a dinner in an attempt to sell us an expensive set of cookware. When told we weren't interested in the dinner we were told they would draw another name... we were out. When contacted Larry Miller told me the prize was dependent on them coming to our house for a demonstration... I would never buy Townecraft cookware or have them to my house.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 10/28/2013 06:12 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Townecraft-cookware/Atlanta-Georgia-30045/Townecraft-cookware-Larry-Miller-Drawing-to-win-a-piece-of-cookware-turned-into-a-dinner-1095271. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Townecraft cookware

Not sure why I got this in August, from Feb.

AUTHOR: - ()

At the time of my complaint I was employed by the company, a local newspaper that put the event on for the cooking school. The event was a good event, the Taste of Home is an awesome show, the hostess was wonderful, and their recipes are outstanding.  I registered to win the free cookware not realizing what was involved, and what I was required to do... which was basically host a group for dinner in our home and then be prompted to purchase an expensive set of cookware.  When I complained about what I felt was a rip-off apparently someone contacted my employer and told them what I had done.  I was basiccally forced to "drop it", or "make it go away" ... after being terminated later for another mistake by said company this was a thing of the past... until I received an email today that a rebuttal had been posted.  I stand by my original complaint, if you are going to advertise "WIN A $300 set of cookware" and my name is drawn then send me the cookware, or tell me where to pick it up.  Everyone who entered 'won' a set of cookware if they would open their homes up to a group dinner and sales pitch.  This is nothing more than a bait and switch, it's intrusive, and was reported as such. Nothing I said was a lie, wrong, or misconstrued... everything I reported was the truth.. and I was hounded for weeks by Mr. Miller...  I went through this same ordeal years ago by a lifetime cookware company and had to force a man out of my house after 3 hours... I was just forewarnign other people who may get caught up in the same trap of having 6 or 8 couples into their homes for a presentation and possibly losing friends for subjecting them to this crap.

What?

AUTHOR: Aaron - ()

Obviously you dont understand how business is done. It is also obvious that you have never worked for yourself but always worked for others. The Towncraft product is a lifetime purchase and is amazing quality. I have had a set for 12 years now. The guy, sales person, is paying for your $300 prize out of their pocket so all he wanted was to have a chance to demonstrate the benefits of clean cooking to a small group of your friends or family. If you don't like doing that you have a long list of companies that you will not want to do business with but that's OK, just don't whine about not getting your prize. You are like many today that want something for nothing and you cry if it isn't given to you. I commented her, taking my time to do so, because you are indicative of our ignorant, cry baby society. I appologize for the harshness of my comments but if you take what I say as constructive, you will be the better for it, but can you?

Read the box

AUTHOR: Wendy - (USA)

I want to say as a townecraft owner it is the best cookware I've ever purchased or used. However you must read the box when you fill out the card, it plainly says it comes with a full catered dinner in order to show you how to use your new cookware. The first time they came to my home I did not purchase and John was the rep, he was very kind, shook my hand and gave me my free cookware.

I did research and talked to other owners and then chose to purchase my set. Using waterless cookware is not the same as a cheap 3 ply alum/stainless pan which is why they come to your home! BTW you were not required to purchase anything, only let them show you their product! Why would they spend 300.00 to give you a great price of cookware if you are not even willing to let them show you how to use it!

Resolution

AUTHOR: Tiredofit - ()

Mr. Miller has called and agreed to the gift as was originally offered. This problem has been resolved and the issue has been put to rest. The report can not be removed, but the issue was resolved.

Please stop this and leave us alone.

AUTHOR: Tiredofit - ()

I have said I did not want to do an in-house cookware demonstration disguised as a chef prepared dinner, I've said I do not want the cookware, yet I continue to get phone calls from the company's representative. Now Mr. Miller has called my employer trying to cause me problems at work because I've complained. I never divulged where the incident took place, who I worked for, or how we were involved in the expo but because I called them out on their dishonest intentions Mr. Miller has called my employer and complained. This isn't the first time it's happened, other people have complained about the tactics, and all I want is for this company to leave me alone! I've said I don't want it, I've said I don't want to meet with them or host a dinner, now they need to leave my wife and I alone. We would never host anything for them, we would never buy their products, and we would never refer anybody to them. I have the voice mails on my answering machine to prove how many times Mr. Miller has called.. if you read this rebuttal PLEASE LEAVE US ALONE.Just let this go away.

The truth never causes problems Mr. Miller

AUTHOR: Tiredofit - ()

Mr. Miller, I do not wish to get into a urinating contest with you but you posted a sign stating "Win a catered dinner and $300 of cookware" at the show. You called the very next day and told my wife she had "WON". You then said we had to schedule a dinner with up to 5 couples for you to have your people come into our house and present your wares. We work, having 5 couples in on a weeknight would be impossible so we declined the offer for dinner after talking. You THEN said you would draw another name, you also told her that 5 of you drew 5 neames a piece for these "shows". It was not a misunderstanding, it was a ploy to get in the house to sell more cookware. You misrepresented yourself at the show.

You also weren't honest with me on the phone about what you actually did give away as a door prize. I wish you luck going forward but you would do a lot better if you are more clear and concise with your signage and your approach, be honest and upfront about your intentions instead of tricking people into thinking they have won something other than a sales presentation. Maybe you should go sell condos or timeshares in Florida, people expect it in those scenarios. I just didn't like the fact that you told my wife she had won, when what she had won was a sales pitch. AND, you did not offer to meet me and give me the cookware mister, you said we could still do the dinner and get the prize. That my friend was a lie.

Townecraft Cookware

AUTHOR: Larry Miller - ()

I am Larry Miller and have worked with Townecraft cookware for over 39 years.We had a booth set up at the Taste of Home cooking school which tiredofit and his wife attended. We had a banner that read Register For Catered Dinner and free cookware. Townecraft Cooware Made in the USA Since 1947.We had no drawing the night of the event. The next few days we had several drawings. I contacted his wife on the phone and told her that she had won a catered dinner for her and her husband and 3 other couples plus 300 worth of cooware. I would come to her home and cook chicken, steak, fish, pork roast several vegetables and a peach cobbler. It would not cost her anything and no one has to buy anything. She set the date for the next Tuesday night. I called her Monday night to confirm it and she said her husband did not want to invite couples to a presentation. I said fine, we will have a new drawing. Her husband called me back and still wanted the  cookware, I said it doesn't work that way, you won a catered dinner and  cookware and you can't get the cooware without the dinner. So he did not like that and that is the reason he reported this as a ripoff. Even though it might have been a misunderstanding, I certainly don't like any negative reports so I called him on the phone, after I seen this report and left a message that I would meet with him and let him pick out 300 worth of cookware. So far he has not returned my call. Larry Miller 7063183050