Complaint Review: Toyota of Winter Haven

• Updated: Mon, April 02, 2012

• Reported By: stan — davenport Florida United States of America
Toyota of Winter Haven
4099 lake alfred rd, Winter Haven, Florida United States of America

Toyota of Winter Haven Murphy auto group I negotiated for a 2012 Toyota RAV4,the salesman conned me into buying a 2011 model for the price of a 2012 Winter Haven, Florida

*Consumer Comment: STAN, MOST TOYOTA DEALERSHIPS THRIVE ON DECEPTION, MANIPULATION, &........

*Consumer Comment: An objective view

*Author of original report: dealer rip off

*Consumer Comment: Question...

On March 18, 2012, I, C Yau and wife, B Yau, purchased a new SUV from the Toyota of Winter Haven. I brought a copy of an quote I received from the dealer via E-mail for a 2012 RAV4 model priced at $22,189 to negotiate. The blue tooth system unique to the 2012 model was especially intriguing and a reason I preferred the 2012 model over the 2011. Also, after checking on the KBB, I saw that the 2011new vehicle loses almost $9000 in value for first year in contrast to a 2012 that loses significantly less.

The sales person, Amanda, corresponded  back and forth with the sale manager many times, but finally met my price at $21,950 and a $4,700 trade for my old car, but the dealer did not tell me that price negotiated was for a 2011 vehicle. When I was almost finished signing the contract, I saw that the contract was for a 2011 model, rather than the negotiated 2012. Because I paid the price of a RAV4 2012 but received a RAV4 2011, I am not satisfied with this deal. I asked where the copy of an quote is, but they all said that do not know where it is at, and they cannot find it.

Their sales manager, Matthew Daly, offered my wife and me $500 to keep the car, but knowing that would not fully compensate, I requested $700. Despite agreeing with my request, he only gave us $300 and some other form of compensation additional, but since it was Sunday, no high level  management working and the deal would have to wait. He will talk to the highest management on Monday  to compensate us. On March 20, 2012, I went back to Toyota of Winter  Haven  to speak to the high management.  They responded with a bad attitude, and offered me no help, telling me I was bonded to the deal.

I believe I negotiated for a 2012 Toyota RAV4, thinking I got a fair deal, but in reality, the salesman and dealerships conned me into buying a 2011 model for the price of a 2012. The dealership and its workers are unfriendly and dishonest. Also according from the dealer website,  the dealer website offers 0% ARP for 36 months on a new 2011 RAV4 model. Also, according from edmunds.com, I could get a $500 rebate or 0% ARP. The Toyota of Winter Haven dealership did not offer us any of these saving programs.

I have a few of other dealer's quote via E-mail for a 2012 RAV4  model price: 1) Toyota of Tampa's quote priced it at $21398, 2) Toyota of Orlando's quote priced it at $21276 and 3) Smart Auto Offers' quote offered it for $21800.63. Also the quote via E-mail for the 2011 RAV4 model from Toyota of Tampa priced it at $19990. According to all of these quotes, it is clearly proven that Toyota of Winter Haven did not give me a fair price for my car.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2012 09:32 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota-of-Winter-Haven/Winter-Haven-Florida-33881/Toyota-of-Winter-Haven-Murphy-auto-group-I-negotiated-for-a-2012-Toyota-RAV4the-salesman-861734. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota of Winter Haven

STAN, MOST TOYOTA DEALERSHIPS THRIVE ON DECEPTION, MANIPULATION, &........

AUTHOR: Karl - (USA)

trickery, when selling and leasing new and used vehicles.

Feel free to spread your Ripoff Report all over the web at sites like Twitter and Facebook. Expose the dealership every day. Let everyone know what happened.

Good luck to you.

***NATIONWIDE BANK ALERT: Make sure to stay at this site and type in- BANK, and read the Ripoff Reports from people all over America for important information if you have a bank account or a mortgage in the USA.

An objective view

AUTHOR: coast - (USA)

"When I was almost finished signing the contract, I saw that the contract was for a 2011 model... I believe I negotiated for a 2012 Toyota RAV4, thinking I got a fair deal, but in reality, the salesman and dealerships conned me into buying a 2011 model for the price of a 2012."

At worst they attempted to con you. When you elected to continue with the deal after you were aware that it was not the vehicle you wanted, it was no longer a con. It was a solid deal.

"offered my wife and me $500"

Is that offer documented and finalized? Was the money taken off the invoice at the time of purchase?

I don't doubt that they attempted to deceive you but when you went ahead with the agreement, the deal was final. When the customer agrees to the terms it is not a rip off unless the seller has failed to meet the obligations of the written agreement. Has the dealer met their obligations of the written agreement?

The quotes your received from the other dealers is not relevant.

dealer rip off

AUTHOR: stan - (United States of America)

wait. He will talk to the highest management on Monday  to compensate us

Question...

AUTHOR: Ronny g - (USA)

First let me state it would not be very surprising that a dealership tries to rip you off..this is what they do for a living...but you stated and I quote.."When I was almost finished signing the contract, I saw that the contract was for a 2011 model, rather than the negotiated 2012"

So you noticed this when you were almost finished. Why did you fully finish if you did not want a 2011? Or did I miss something?