Complaint Review: Toyota

• Updated: Sat, March 30, 2013

• Reported By: J. R. — Petaluma California
Toyota
, California United States of America

Toyota Toyota Corporation Massive sunroof/moonroof failure on a like new 2005 Toyota Camry. I'm the only owner. California

*Consumer Comment: Try An Independent!

I have a 2005 Toyota Camry that I've taken impeccable care of, and it has very low mileage. This car has been meticulously maintained. Recently, a massive malfunction occurred with the sunroof/moonroof of my car. When I took it to Toyota, they informed me that the cost would be nearly $3,000.00 to fix. $3,000.00 to fix a sunroof?! I have learned that many owners of the Camry are having the same experience as me. I need to know what I can do to have this fixed without refinancing my house! What is my next step? This is truly a ripoff!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/30/2013 04:57 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Toyota/-California-/Toyota-Toyota-Corporation-Massive-sunroofmoonroof-failure-on-a-like-new-2005-Toyota-Camry-1039371. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Toyota

Try An Independent!

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

There's no need to pay the price gouging fees for dealer service!  Go to your yellow pages or look on the net for "trim shops" or "sunroofs" in your area.  Surely there are some around your part of the world.  Dealers are known for price gouging along with often times inferior service, poor customer relations and unskilled service people.  Independent shops can often be exactly the opposite!  Please give one your business!