aroused

• Submitted: Mon, April 09, 2012
  • Updated: Mon, April 09, 2012

• Reported By: Lisa — Brooklyn New York United States of America
toystolearnby.com

toystolearnby.com Toys To Learn By Money taken, Products never received, Phoney scam website targets deserate parents looking for hard to find toys! Internet

I ordered a hard-to-find Monster High doll from this website at a good price -- so good, that I ordered a second one a few moments later, along with a Barbie I had been hoping to buy.

The money came right out of my account via PayPal debit card. The transaction seemed legitimate, as I received order confirmation emails immediately. I did the transactions via my cell phone, something I normally would not do, because I had become desperate in my search for this particular doll, who was impossible to find in stores or online at retail price.

I had an uneasy feeling, maybe because I did it from my phone, or maybe because it was just too good to be true, so I looked online when I got home. My orders each had a link to Account Status which said "Payment Accepted".

Nervously waited for a couple of days and checked the status frequently, which never changed. Then I googled.

Turns out, a former employee/consultant of another company affiliated/owned by the same person was so outraged by the conduct at this other company (officesupplystore.com I believe) that he launched an expose-style website.

I did not act, because I was hoping this was just a disgruntled employee. I kept waiting.

-Sent several inquiring messages via web form (no response)
-Attempted to call the phone # on the paypal invoice (straight to generic voice mail with "The mailbox is full" message... annoying)
-Emailed the address listed on the paypal invoice (bounced back)
-Thought "maybe it's a typo" and fixed the email address to what it would be logically, still a bounceback.

A further google search of the phone # and website name came up with almost NOTHING...except for some rather dubious domain name registration information, which freaked me out further.

I contacted PayPal and began the claim process.

Eventually, I was able to recover my funds via PayPal, even though I was not logged into my PayPal account, only my debit card, so that is fortunate. I filed a dispute a week after placing my order and PayPal took another 10 days to "rule in my favor".

I never heard anything from the company and my order still shows "Payment Accepted"!!!

BUYERS BEWARE!!!!! Moms & Dads, please don't make the same mistake I did and become easy prey!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/09/2012 11:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/toystolearnbycom/internet/toystolearnbycom-Toys-To-Learn-By-Money-taken-Products-never-received-Phoney-scam-websi-865927. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on toystolearnby.com