Complaint Review: TracFone Wireless, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, December 17, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, December 17, 2013

• Reported By: John — Aurora Colorado
TracFone Wireless, Inc.
9700 NW 112th Avenue, Miami, FL 33178 Aurora, Colorado USA

TracFone Wireless, Inc. NET10 Refused to replace defective sim Aurora Colorado

*General Comment: Where did they refuse??

First, I verified online that my phone works with their service that is easy to do online.  The same day on December 11, 2013 I purchased a $50 Net10 Unilimited Sim at Best Buy (sku#1683027).

After driving back and installing it on the phone I realized the sim card did not fit and the packaging also did not clearly state that iphones require a special trimming on the card to make it fit.  I had to figure that out online so I decided to go down the street to do it for $10.

Right away, the service did not work.  I called Net10 support and they told me that Best Buy did not properly activate my card at the register.  So then, at that point, I think the fault was at the Best Buy register.  As a result, I drive all the way back to that Best Buy.  I spoke with them and found out they did everything right and the fault must be with the product.  I had to call support and put on hold all over again.

Finally, they determined the sim card to be defective, after all the time I had spent driving back and forth and having to call support multiple times.  They instructed to fax the receipt, copy of both sides of card, name, phone #, serial # of phone, and serial # of sim.

I faxed two pages on Friday the 13th to them with all the information they need to clearly and specifically identify the product in question.  A few days later they leave me a message saying they don't have all the information.  I faxed them every piece of identifiable information for this account.

(((REDACTED)))

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/17/2013 02:13 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TracFone-Wireless-Inc/Aurora-Colorado-80012/TracFone-Wireless-Inc-NET10-Refused-to-replace-defective-sim-Aurora-Colorado-1107751. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TracFone Wireless, Inc.

#1 General Comment

Where did they refuse??

AUTHOR: Tyg - ()

No where in your post do I see that they refused to swap a sim. All I see is that you used a FAX machine and they did not recieve your information. Is there perhaps MORE to this story or is this yet ANOTHER attempt by the American Consumer to attempt social blackmail?? Im thinking its that latter of the two. I have worked with BOTH net10 AND Tracfone over the past few years. I have never run into a problem with them swapping a sim. The most I have had to deal with is WAITING for it to arrive.

So unless there are details you are leaving out Im calling this a BS post. All they have asked of you is to FAX in the information they have requested. If they did not recieve the information then YOU need to FAX it again because evidently it did not go through the first time. Once they have the information requested they can move forward with your claim. Until then you just have to work within the system.