Complaint Review: Tracfone Wireless Inc.

• Submitted: Fri, January 28, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, January 29, 2011

• Reported By: Mikeyfp — Jamestown North Carolina USA
Tracfone Wireless Inc.
1020 NW 163rd Dr. Miami, Florida United States of America

Tracfone Wireless Inc. DISABLED MY PHONE AND TOOK ALL MY MINUTES AND SERVICE TIME! Miami, Florida

*Consumer Comment: You Were Scammed, But Not By TracFone

On 10-16-2010 I bought a Tracfone wireless airtime refill for 1,000 minutes and 365 days of service on Ebay for $109.60. I paid on 10-16-2010 through PayPal. I emailed the Ebay seller my Tracfone phone number and received 2,000 minutes (because I have a double minute for life phone) and 365 service days later that same day on 10-16-2010. On 1-28-2011 Tracfone disabled my cell phone because they received a chargeback in the amount of $171.19. I was informed that the Ebay seller I bought this item from, used a stolen credit card to buy these minutes/service time! I am unable to dispute this charge with PayPal because they only offer 45 days of buyer protection. I HAD 410 minutes AND 1,219 service days (which is over 3 1/3 years) BEFORE adding this refill! My phone still displays 1,553.10 minutes and 1,480 service days when it was disabled by Tracfone today, 1-28-2011. Since Tracfone has disabled my phone, it seems Im out ALL my accumulated minutes AND service time, which doesnt seem right! So now I cant use my cell phone at all, lost ALL my minutes/service days, out $109.44 with my credit card company and Tracfone has a $171.19 chargeback from the Ebay seller that used a stolen credit card to purchase minutes/service time for MY phone! I wrote a letter to Fredrick J. Pollak, the President of Tracfone Wireless, Inc and attached the Ebay description, PayPal transaction details and a copy of my credit card statement. I don't know why has my phone been disabled when Ive paid? Youd think youd go after the seller/vendor that used the stolen credit card, NOT me! I asked to have my previous minutes and service time that I had prior to this purchase restored. Ive been a loyal Tracfone user for years and cant be without my cell phone, please help!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/28/2011 10:43 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone-Wireless-Inc/Miami-Florida-33169/Tracfone-Wireless-Inc-DISABLED-MY-PHONE-AND-TOOK-ALL-MY-MINUTES-AND-SERVICE-TIME-Miami-688275. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone Wireless Inc.

You Were Scammed, But Not By TracFone

AUTHOR: Jacob - (USA)

Unfortunately, you got ripped off by the eBay seller. I wouldn't exactly call it a good idea to buy prepaid wireless minutes on eBay, and it is your responsibility to handle the issue with the seller.

Although I understand you are the victim of the scam, TracFone did absolutely nothing wrong here, and you have no basis for objecting to the way they handled the situation.

I have also gotten burned by PayPal's time limits on disputing transactions. Unfortunately, you may have to go to court.