Complaint Review: tracfone

• Updated: Wed, August 22, 2012

• Reported By: Lee — indy Indiana USA
tracfone
9700 N.W. 112th Ave. Miami, Florida United States of America

tracfone safelink Safelink/Tracfone Takes government money for free phones for poor, then does not provide service Miami, Florida

I am a senior aged 64, with a very low income.  I receive only $435 from social security retirement.  I have no other source of income.  I visited a United Way office in order to get emergency food from their pantry.  While there I was told I could get a free phone along with 250 free minutes from the young man taking  applications in their lobby.  He was from Tracfone.  I signed up.  But when I checked the status of my application I was told it was "Invalid".

I called United Way and explained to them what happened.  They had this young man call me back.  He told  me that my address was invalid. If this service is not for me, then their is a major fraud going on. I believe that Tracfone is taking the governments money and then finding excuses for not providing this service. I am filing a complaint with the FCC & FTC, along with any other agencies I can find.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/22/2012 10:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tracfone/Miami-Florida-33178/tracfone-safelink-SafelinkTracfone-Takes-government-money-for-free-phones-for-poor-then-930885. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tracfone