Complaint Review: tracfone

• Reported By: RIPPED OFF CONSUMER — SUSANVILLE California
tracfone
, Select State/Province USA

tracfone TRACFONE STEALS MINUTES FROM CONSUMERS !!! ALL OVER EVERYWHERE

Told by Tracfone that I needed to buy another one of their cell phones, as older one died, and they would transfer my minutes & days left on it to the new one, so I made the new purchase of another cell phone . Today I had to phone on a REAL phone, (as where our home is no longer has Tracfone service), to TRACFONE for a total of 41 minutes, 1st with 1 "customer service" rep who was so rude that so I had to hung up on her, 2nd with polite one, but kept getting put on hold for 3-5 minutes at a time, as she had to confirm with some mystery people how many minutes time I had left....which I had written down before phone totally died, as 775.50 minutes. She FINALLY tells me that Tracfone will ONLY GIVE me back the base minutes of about 350, (it could of been Maybe up to about 370), as at this point my blood pressure just shot thru the roof on hearing this THEFT by TRACFONE !!!!! She said the other minutes were just FREE minutes, so didn't count !!! I explained to her that her company was STEALING MY MINUTES, as that was the type of cell phone I purchased from them, one that DOUBLED MINUTES, and NO WHERE ON THE PACKAGE DOES IT SAY THEY ARE "GIVING" ME MINUTES !!! I could of bought a TRIPLE MINUTE AGREEMENT, ore just a plain single minute AGREEMENT, BUT I BOUGHT & PAID FOR A DOUBLE MINUTE PHONE AGREEMENT !!! She would not put me in touch with a supervisor or any one who could understand consumer protection LAWS !!! I told her I would put that word out that TRACFONE suckers consumers into buying their products, but REFUSES to HONOR THEIR OWN ADVERTISEMENTS !!! Please pass this information on, as I have just read other customers having the same theft done to them on internet reviews !!!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/06/2014 03:27 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tracfone/Select-StateProvince/tracfone-TRACFONE-STEALS-MINUTES-FROM-CONSUMERS-ALL-OVER-EVERYWHERE-1144517. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tracfone