Complaint Review: Tracfone

• Submitted: Sun, April 19, 2009
  • Updated: Sun, April 19, 2009

• Reported By:none of your business Arizona
Tracfone
9700 N.W. 112th Avenue Miami, Florida U.S.A.

Tracfone Tracfone's 29 Minutes Worth Of Disgrace And Shame Miami Florida

Below is an email letter from myself to Tracfone in regards to recent events between myself and their telephonic customer service line. Even with my opinion being that this incident is egregious display of unfair treatment towards a valued customer it does not in itself make them fraudulent or illegitimate as an entity for consumer use, but is at least evidence of gross negligence and incompetence in maintenance of data.
18 April 2009
To Whom It May Concern:

My phone had recently been damaged beyond function; hence I purchased a replacement, after two phone calls the phone was finally activated properly (due to poor customer service, but not the issue at hand). The problem comes when transferring the unused minutes from my previous phone of which I had 199. This is not a maybe or I think it should be, I know my minutes without the slightest doubt as my phone is not routinely used and I keep a tight eye on my minutes remaining (1 minute from 200 used in the last two weeks). After waiting for the Tracfone representative to confirm this fact, I was told that I only had 170 minutes remaining a 29 minute difference from the actual, to myself a clearly unjustifiable discrepancy on the part of Tracfone.

Despite my avid protest, [edit](delete typo)[edit] detailed information on why I know the exact minutes remaining, a strong affirmation that slighting me would result in the lost of myself as a future Tracfone customer and that I would warn other off of the use of said service, I was told that since I could not prove the minutes I stated as remaining I had no recourse in the matter. That being I should just take the minutes Tracfone was willing to give and be happy about [edit] it [edit]. To myself the 29 minutes in dispute represent from one to three months of actual use, while to Tracfone they are in essence nothing, invisible in the overall use during the same time frame. What a disgraceful display of corporate bullying of the consumer.

In these actions by representatives of Tracfone, Tracfone has both insulted myself by impugning my integrity and proved itself unreliable and therefore untrustworthy in the maintenance of its own data. Tracfone representatives have also proven that a handful of minutes are more precious to Tracfone than both the customer and its reputation to such. As a result I will disseminate the facts of [edit] today's events [edit} to as may people as I can in as many ways as I can.

For Tracfone's 29 minutes worth of disgrace and shame,
Good bye,
R***************

R. Obsidious
none of your business, Arizona

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/19/2009 05:40 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tracfone/Miami-Florida-33178/Tracfone-Tracfones-29-Minutes-Worth-Of-Disgrace-And-Shame-Miami-Florida-444874. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tracfone