Complaint Review: Trade Only

• Updated: Fri, December 13, 2013

• Reported By: Ryan — Sunrise Florida
Trade Only
575 Anton Blvd, St 800 Costa Mesa, California USA

Trade Only Trade Only Promotional Products Deceptive Business Practices. Costa Mesa California

*Author of original report: Problems 100% Resolved. Would Recommend.

*Author of original report: Problems Resolved

I signed up for Trade Only to use their system in late 2012.  My goal was to use their "STORE" platform to run an online promotional products business. From the beginning it was clear they did not offer what was advertised.  The images on their website showed specific features for their "STORE" software that were not released yet.  Strike 1 for false advertising.

I decided to stick with them, with promises that these features would be released.  Eventually they were, however clunky.  Ultimately, their software is poorly designed, extremely confusing for customers, broken, and simply doesn't convert customers.

So after some time I decided to cancel my services and move to ASI/ESP, which by the way, is much better.  I emailed Trade Only to cancel, and the response caught me off guard.  They apparently have some obscure mention of 30 days written notice in their terms.  This way they can whack you for an additional month once you cancel.

Of course you are never really aware of this until you cancel. While it's not super uncommon for companies to have 30 day cancelation notices, what is uncommon is companies actually enforcing it.  It's also uncommon for hosting companies to have these types of requirements.  Ultimately, they were simply hosting a website for me.

It's extremely bad business.  Your product isn't working quite right for a customer, and you use an obscure mention buried in your terms to catch this customer off guard so you can charge them for another month of service?  Trade Only knew I wasn't using their service for the additional month, but happily collected anyways.

Complaining to them was to no avail.  The President of the company, Martin Varley, responded, defending this shady practice.  I mentioned that I was seriously considering launching my supplier side with them, which was true, and he merely offered me a credit someday in the future.  But frankly, I despise Trade Only and I have no faith in them, I do not trust them, and I don't wish to be in business with a company whom I don't trust.  Trade Only is clearly suffering, and their President can't see the forest for the trees.

Instead of just waiving the shady fee, they stood by it.  Forever tarnishing their reputation and certainly losing my business forever.  Keep the $50.  Keep the credit.  I don't trust you.  I won't do business with you in the future.

Hope you enjoy that $50, Trade Only.  You lost a whole lot more for it.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/13/2013 08:33 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trade-Only/Costa-Mesa-California-92626/Trade-Only-Trade-Only-Promotional-Products-Deceptive-Business-Practices-Costa-Mesa-Calif-1106697. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trade Only

Problems 100% Resolved. Would Recommend.

AUTHOR: Ryan - ()

I have had the opportunity to speak with Martin Varley several times since my original issue.  I am happy to say that he has not only resolved all of my concerns, but I am now in regular contact with Martin and I would call him a friend.  Quite the turnaround.  I wish I had spoken with Martin and his staff more before writing the original report.

Unfortunately, the original report was written in haste, and I'm now unable to remove it.  But please take this follow up and rebuttal as my 100% retraction of the original report.  If you are considering working with TradeOnly and Martin Varley, I have nothing negative to say about them.

Problems Resolved

AUTHOR: Ryan - ()

I would like to be clear that Martin Varley has 100% resolved this issue with me.  I have no outstanding issues with Trade Only and the above report should be discarded.