Complaint Review: tradernetcycles.com

• Updated: Fri, July 05, 2013

• Reported By: Dave — Kingston Ontario
tradernetcycles.com
Internet USA

tradernetcycles.com seller networktradenet Misleading phone call -posted ad with authorization Internet

This company called me based on an ad I had on Autotrader.ca or possible kijiji. Told me that they had sold my motorcycle. They provided me with purchase price but needed a brokerage fee. They said they would send all details in an email. Even said that someone would be coming next to pick up bike once I had check. I was not having a good day and gave them my credit card. Immediately afterwards I realized that I had probably been scammed.

The next day I found the email in my junk folder saying that I had to activate my ad and agree to Seller Network terms of sale. I did not click on either one. However when I checked the website not only had they posted my ad almost immediately after hanging up the phone the preious day, they used unauthorized pictures from the autotrader site. I immediately called and of course was told that since my ad was already posted, I could not get a refund. When I repeatedly reminded them that they did not have authorization from me to post the ad or use those pictures, they just kept reminding me that the ad was already posted. They hung up on me.

They listed the bike for way more than I was asking which means I will never sell based on this ad.

I know I was stupid and have pretty much resigned myself to losing a big chunk of change but reputable companies do no operate like this. Stay away and never ever agree to anything over the phone.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/05/2013 11:02 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/tradernetcyclescom/internet/tradernetcyclescom-seller-networktradenet-Misleading-phone-call-posted-ad-with-authoriz-1064610. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tradernetcycles.com