Complaint Review: Traffic School By Improv,

• Submitted: Fri, March 28, 2008
  • Updated: Tue, October 14, 2008

• Reported By:Milton Florida
Traffic School By Improv,
6607 Gunn Hwy Tampa, Florida U.S.A.

Traffic School By Improv Deceptive Fees and disrespectful customer service Tampa Florida

*Consumer Comment: Improv Comedy Traffic School

*Author of original report: Update - Resolved

*Author of original report: Update - Resolved

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: response

After completing their online 4-hour traffic school course, I was charged an additional $10 fee (on a $25 course) for not having voluntarily provided registration information that the company knew would be required to process my completion. Their online process could easily have required the necessary information, but does not. Instead, only misleading instructions are offered and you are allowed to proceed past the "point of no return" (where an additional fee is charged), and must call the company to provide the information before they will mail your certificate of completion.

After explaining my complaint to the company in detail, I was accused of ignoring their instructions, which contrary to their claims, I did not ignore, and which were not clear. Further, they questioned my integrity at even honestly completing their course in the first place--because I did not correctly figure out the meaning of their confusing instructions.

All that is clear to me is an intentional deception in order to charge additional fees.

Chris
Milton, Florida

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/28/2008 09:21 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Traffic-School-By-Improv/Tampa-Florida-33625/Traffic-School-By-Improv-Deceptive-Fees-and-disrespectful-customer-service-Tampa-Florida-321887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Traffic School By Improv,

Improv Comedy Traffic School

AUTHOR: Kathy - (U.S.A.)

I have just completed Improv Comedy Traffic School's online Aware Driver Course. The website was extremely easy to navigate. The course was set up in a very intuitive manner. I had to change my mailing preference post registration, called their customer service - everything was taken care of in minutes! Nothing but good things to say.

Update - Resolved

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I contacted the new management of www.MyImprov.com at their request. Their service was friendly and they promptly issued me a refund as promised, for a course taken with another company using a similar name. The licensed company using the website www.MyImprov.com is different than the company with which I dealt earlier and had a complaint. Look closely and be sure that you use the correct and licensed site for your traffic school needs, www.MyImprov.com.

Update - Resolved

AUTHOR: Chris - (U.S.A.)

I received a response from the new management of www.MyImprov.com and contacted them over the phone at their request for a refund. Their service was very friendly and helpful and they issued me a refund just as promised. The company I dealt with prior, and with which I had a negative experience, was a separate company using a similar name. The licensed site you should use for your needs is www.MyImprov.com.

#4 REBUTTAL Owner of company

response

AUTHOR: Gary - (U.S.A.)

Hi Milton,
I am very sorry about your negative experience.... my name is Gary Alexander, and I just took over the management of the company. The company you are dealt with was an independent licensee using our name... their license has been terminated as of May 1st of this year. Starting next week we will be offering classes directly to the consumer through our new website www.MyImprov.com.
In a meantime if you contact us with your information, I will be more than happy to refund you the entire tuition you have paid.
Please contact Kymm at 888-458-2477. Again, I am truly sorry for any inconvenience.....