occupied

• Updated: Sun, August 10, 2014

• Reported By: Michelle — Southington Connecticut
transform computer repair
124 South Main St. Cheshire, Connecticut USA

transform computer repair they offer free diagnostic which they do t do. they took my money but when I got home I saw that they just installed a ftrr antivirus, but made zero repairs! This scam cost me 100.06 bucks. Cheshire Connecticut

*Author of original report: Internet Connection After Much Troubleshooting

*Author of original report: Connectivity After Hours Of Troubleshooting

*Author of original report: Sorry about typos, I submitted report by phone....no computer.

This place has a list of great reviews, which allowed me to trust them even though what they were saying didn't make sense and their attitudes seemed vergy disintereste8d, which was the opposite of what their reviews said.

They didn't diagnose, they didn't fix the issue I was having, they lied to me and when I got home I realized, they never fixed my computer. They just ran a cheap free antivirus, reinstaled a hand full of unrelated programs, some of which were uninstalled because they were problematic in the first place.

They never got permission to do this

And....

I still have no internet connection.

This ripoff cost me $100.06. I called them later, not identifying myself and they offered me the same scam for $85.00 .

Now they want to wipe my hard drive, because they are too lazy or don't know how to go into the files and do the actual repair work.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/09/2014 11:18 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/transform-computer-repair/-Cheshire-Connecticut-06410/transform-computer-repair-they-offer-free-diagnostic-which-they-do-t-do-they-took-my-mon-1168738. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on transform computer repair

Internet Connection After Much Troubleshooting

AUTHOR: ripcord - ()

Because this was my main concern, I did not opt for the refund they offered.

My computer is still buggy though, and there are new issues since their repair.

After dealing with them, I researched and learned that the services they recommended to me are considered typical of rip offs common in the industry umoung hack repair shops.

When I stated to them the same as basicly what I wrote in the above pharagraphs, they all but admitted to me that that was the case, but intamated that the other local repair places were even worse, and basicly saying "good luck" trying to get quality repair work.

Connectivity After Hours Of Troubleshooting

AUTHOR: ripcord - ()

Transform Computer Repair did offer to give me a full refund. However, after several hours of troubleshooting at home, I was able to eventually connect to the internet. Because this was my main concern, I did not opt for the refund they offered.  My computer is still buggy though, and there are new issues since their repair.  After dealing with them, I researched and learned that the services they recommended to me are considered typical of rip offs common in the industry among hack repair shops. A common one being the full wipe of your hard drive for minor issues because tech is either too lazy or incompetent to fix. Which is rarely ever necessary, then reloading your hard drive with copies of soft wear you don't own. So in summery, I let them have their money, but I didn't pick up my computer ready to use or fully fixed, even though the repair issues were not complex.   When I stated to them the same as basicly what I wrote in the above pharagraphs, they all but admitted to me that that was the case, but intimated that the other local repair places were even worse, and basically saying "good luck" trying to get quality repair work. I would say a kid in your local high school could probably do better work and give you better service.

Sorry about typos, I submitted report by phone....no computer.

AUTHOR: Michelle - ()

My apologies to those trying to read my post about the scam artists at Transform computer repair in Cheshire, CT. Once I get my computer fixed, I'll correct the typoed infomation and post more details about how they ripped me off.