Complaint Review: transunion

• Updated: Thu, April 04, 2013

• Reported By: kelly — APO AE Other
transunion
p.o. box 1000 chester, Pennsylvania United States of America

transunion refuse to provide annual credit report chester, Pennsylvania

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: I had Same Problem with TRANSUNION

*Consumer Comment: Did you?

Transunion refuses to send free annual credit report. Instead, they request documents I cannot provide along with an order form for a paid credit report. I supplied Nevada drivers license, SS card and dept of defense ID but Transunion claims those are not good enough.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 04/04/2013 07:25 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/transunion/chester-Pennsylvania-19022/transunion-refuse-to-provide-annual-credit-report-chester-Pennsylvania-1040572. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on transunion

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

I had Same Problem with TRANSUNION

AUTHOR: Veritas52 - ()

I had the same problem getting my free credit report from TRANSUNION. I tried to get my annual credit report online from Trans Union. But after filling their form out, I was denied access to it and told to fill out a form by mail. When I requested it by mail, I received a letter stating they were unable to locate credit report and to send in copies of forms to prove current address, poof of SSI number, proof of birth, etc.

Included with this letter was an ad offering their credit monitoring service. I refused to send those sensitive documents to TRANSUNION.  How do I know who or what they will use them. I filed a complaint with the FTC.  Next I called the number listed at the free credit report website.  I got my free credit report 15 days later but I also received the same letter requesting my social security #, proof of birth, etc.

Did you?

AUTHOR: Robert - ()

Did you go to the correct site to get your Free Annual Credit Report?

The correct site is www.annualcreditreport.com.  If for some reason that gets redacted, just type in www dot annual credit report dot com(taking out the spaces and replacing dot with a period).

You will then need to provide some basic verification information to get it on-line.  If that does fail you will need to send your request by mail.  If you have requested a free report from them in the past year, you will then have to pay for any additional reports.