Complaint Review: Transunion

• Submitted: Wed, May 13, 2009
  • Updated: Wed, May 13, 2009

• Reported By:Clifton New Jersey
PO Box 2000 Chester, Pennsylvania U.S.A.

Transunion refuses to correct wrong information in credit report Cheter Pennsylvania

Every year, I get my credit reports from all three major companies - Equifax, Experian, and Transunion. For the last several years, Transunion is the only one of the 3 to consistently have incorrect information in my report.

Most recently, my address was incorrect. I notified them through their dispute process that the information was incorrect, and received a request for proof. In their letter they listed "Driver's license" and "government issued id cards" as valid proof. I sent them three such ids - all issued by the State of New Jersey. They refused to change my address stating that the IDs I sent them weren't acceptable.

In response, I sent them a letter demanding that they verify my address with their source. The law requires they do this (Sec. 1681i). They refused - they claim that they got my address from a creditor but the only creditors listed on my Transunion report, are the same creditors listed on my Equifax and Experian reports. All of my creditors have my correct address, as do Equifax and Experian.

The ironic part of all this is that they have been communicating with me, in writing, at my correct address even though the wrong address is in their records. They even sent me my credit report at the correct address. They also received Certified Mail from me at the correct address, with a Return Receipt card to the correct address. And they still refuse to correct the address in the report.

It's clear that Transunion cannot be relied on to provide accurate information. Furthermore, they have willfully violated the law by refusing to verify the disputed information, and refusing to correct it despite receiving overwhelming proof that they have wrong information in the report.

I strongly urge any agency or business that obtains credit reports of consumers/customers from Transunion for any reason to re-evaluate that practice. If my experience is any indication, the information received is unlikely to be accurate.

Clifton, New Jersey

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/13/2009 06:41 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Transunion/Chester-Pennsylvania-19022/Transunion-refuses-to-correct-wrong-information-in-credit-report-Cheter-Pennsylvania-451357. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Transunion