Complaint Review: travel card international/hotels etc.

• Submitted: Fri, June 21, 2002
  • Updated: Tue, July 24, 2007

• Reported By:west blocton al
travel card international/hotels etc.
www.hotelsetc.com Internet U.S.A.
  • Phone: 877-906-5666
  • Web:
  • Category: Resorts

travel card international/hotels etc. ripoff they took 189.00 out of checking acc.for credit card discount card tricked and lied to us Internet

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Hotels Etc. Is not affiliated with Travel Card International

*Consumer Suggestion: How to get your money back

Travel card international contacted me by phone saying that i was preapproved for a visa card.They needed 2 separate debits from my checking account totalling 189.00.

I gave the information and it took about 3 months before i recieved my so called credit card.When the package arrived it was an application for a visa card,a hotels etc.card that offers 50% discounts and a fax form to send them a downpayment on a vacation.

The down payment was to be taken from checking account also.

I do not see what they are financing.Your paying all your expences.I feel that if i actually faxed them a request I would lose more money.

There is not even an address on any paper or brocure I have from Travel Card International.I dont think i will ever go for another scam or get my money back.

angela
west blocton, Alabama

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/21/2002 10:01 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/travel-card-internationalhotels-etc/internet/travel-card-internationalhotels-etc-ripoff-they-took-18900-out-of-checking-accfor-cred-23177. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on travel card international/hotels etc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Hotels Etc. Is not affiliated with Travel Card International

AUTHOR: Hotels Etc - (U.S.A.)

We would like to know Travel club International's (TCI) contact information. Who you purchased the Fake visa off of and what did you receive.

Hotels Etc. Has distributors all over the world and each distributor uses Hotels Etc. for different types of promotions. I appreciate your report that you filed since we were aware of this situation.

We do not take immediate action and we investigate this. If we find the distributor in violation of our corporate policy then the following will occur.

Result: Hotels Etc. will contact TCI and our attorney will send them a seize and desist letter. We will also shut down their site and phone number and blackball them from the company.

We apologize about the experience you had with someone that was using our name. I am glad that this is not a direct claim against Hotels Etc., but It obviously concerns us very much.

Thanks,
hotelsetc.com
Shawn

#2 Consumer Suggestion

How to get your money back

AUTHOR: anti - ()

Go to your bank, report them the fraud, dispute the charge. You have to fill out a form. Most of the banks have a "black list" for fraudualent businesses. Be sure to mention the 800 phone numbers you got! Those numbers belong to a company formerly known as Capital Choice Consumer Credit (and many other names) - known for all authorities in US and Canada.

You have 60 days to complain. I would recommend you to close your account, request a new number. Otherwise they will charge you again and again under different name.

Hotel Etc. a real company with questionable business practices, offering its card to questinable resellers, as "work-at-home" opportunity.
HOTELS ETC
PMB 357 2350 Miracle Mile #188
Bullhead City, AZ 86442
Consumer contact: keith@hotelsetc.com

You might consider to send a complain to the Arizona Attorney General.
state.az.us/consumer/englishinstruc.html