Complaint Review: Travelers Auto Insurance

• Submitted: Fri, December 16, 2011
  • Updated: Fri, December 16, 2011

• Reported By: Alex — Kirkland Washington United States of America
Travelers Auto Insurance
PO Box 6890 (st. address not available) Portland, Oregon United States of America

Travelers Auto Insurance Travelers Insurance Denies Claims Portland, Oregon

A Travelers Auto Insurance Co. client backed out of her driveway and hit  the side of my car as I was passing by. Tree branches and parked cars blocked her view of the roadway.

I requested Travelers to authorize repairs sending them photos, aerials and a scale sketch showing that in order to see me timely she would have had to be way into my lane-which wasn't the case. The other driver received a citation for "improper backing/accident" from the local police department and my insurance co., PEMCO, said I was not at
fault. PEMCO also submitted a claim to Travelers for the repair costs for my auto.

Travelers declined my claim for my $300 deductible and my 3-day car rental. The agent told me that it was a joint decision with her manager. So this must be company policy. Beware!! PEMCO authorized my auto repairs without the deductible or auto rental (per my insurance coverage). I had to research the accident and file a small claims court suit against the other driver to recover my insurance deduction, auto rental and court costs. This cost me an enormous amount of time. I won the court case against the other driver. Travelers paid me the court judgment and reimbursed PEMCO for the repairs.

This accident should have been initially settled by Travelers. However, Travelers Insurance Co. chose to deny the claim hoping it would not be pursued. They wasted a lot of people's time and resources - a totally unprofessional
response. In reading other people's complaints against Travelers Insurance Co., this seems to be an all-too-common response.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/16/2011 03:45 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelers-Auto-Insurance/Portland-Oregon-97228-6890/Travelers-Auto-Insurance-Travelers-Insurance-Denies-Claims-Portland-Oregon-810443. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelers Auto Insurance