Complaint Review: Travelex.com

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: NevadaBiz — Reno Nevada
Travelex.com
29 Broadway New York, New York USA

Travelex.com Travelex Money ExchangeTravelex: Foreign Currency Exchange Services Tried To Order Foreign Currency 7 Times Online, Travelex Took All Information including Social Security Number/DL #, Kept Denying Order and Saying My Bank Declined Transaction. After Several Conversations with Bank and Travelex, My bank Suspects They are Collecting Information for Later Fraudulent Activities and is Reporting Them to the Securities and Exchange Commission. My bank confirmed they "NEVER" denied the purchase, as my credit is perfect and have zero balance on all four cards and purchase would be nowhere near the limit. SUSPECT FRAUD FROM THIS COMPANY!!!! DON'T RISK DOING BUSINESS WITH TRAVELEX. New York New York

I tried to purchase foreign currency 7 times on Travelex.com and every time got a message that my purchase was declined by my bank.  Thinking this was strange, the first time, I called my bank and asked why I was denied.  They said I wasn't denied by them.  I called Travelex and got some very foreign sounding individual who assured me it was my bank and to try again in 24 hours.  I waited the 24 hours and went online again.  Denied.  Called Travelex and they tried to blame my bank.  Called bank, who said to try a different card.  I went online, tried a 10K card that had zero balance and no daily limit, as confirmed by bank, tried to make my $1500 purchase. Another message saying "denied by your lender".  Got pissed, called Travelex again, they said their system must have flagged me and to wait 24 hours.  I did.  Tried to use third card, but was denied.  Called the bank, who now suspects they are storing information to use fraudulently in the future and is filing a report with the SEC and one other agency I don't recall the name of.

IF you want your Social Security Number, Birth Date, Driver's License number, Address, etc stolen by a company who has ZERO intention of selling to you, then go ahead and deal with TRAVELEX.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 11:55 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelexcom/New-York-New-York-10006/Travelexcom-Travelex-Money-ExchangeTravelex-Foreign-Currency-Exchange-Services-Tried-To-1108340. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelex.com