Complaint Review: Travelocity

• Updated: Tue, August 06, 2013

• Reported By: bak84 — Toronto Ontario
Travelocity
San Antonio, Texas USA

Travelocity travelocity.ca False and misleading car rental quotes! San Antonio Texas

I booked a car rental in Germany trough travelocity at a guaranteed total cost of EUR218.69 including taxes. The quote even said "TotalPrice" Guarantee.

The car company was Alamo, but when I checked in at the Airport, the agent said that the actual cost in fact would be EUR265.56 since the car provider, Europcar, was different than the booking provider, Alamo.

Since I had a guaranteed price from travelocity, I then requested a refund of the difference. For the last two months and dozens of e-mails, I have not received what I am owed:

1. Travelocity claims that this is Alamo's/Europcar's issue and they will contact me,

2. Alamo claims that the taxes were not included in the quote. Strange thing is, calculating the taxes based on the VAT rate does not come up to the difference.

On two other bookings on the same trip, the same thing happened. So I am out of pocket a total of EUR170 by now!

I feel that I was cheated by travelocity, who guaranteed me a "TotalPrice" including taxes. I have booked with travelocity for 10 years and taxes were always included. I have even checked new bookings with Alamo via travelocity and taxes are still included.

Travelocity's customer service call centre (in India) and e-mail service was completely useless as they did not deal with the issue, but just placated me and referred me to Alamo. This was obviously an issue between Alamo and travelocity, but I got stuck with the cost of it!

My main concern is with other future customers at this point. Make sure that you confirm directly with the car rental company before you go what is included or expcluded in your quote to avoid surprises.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/06/2013 05:38 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/San-Antonio-Texas-78233/Travelocity-travelocityca-False-and-misleading-car-rental-quotes-San-Antonio-Texas-1073402. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity