• Report: #1072051

• Reported By: GoForDylan — Pasadena California
Travelocity
Southlake, Texas USA

Travelocity Terrible Customer Service. Stupid or Liars. Southlake Texas

I booked a roundtrip flight with Travelocity in March. After finding out in April that I would not be able to make the first leg of the trip (I would already be in a different city for work) I called Travelocity to see what my options were regarding the flight. I was informed by their agent that I could either cancel the trip and book a new flight (for a "change fee") OR I could keep my original flight and only take the second leg, which would cost nothing. I chose the latter.

When I arrived at the airport I was informed by the airline that my ticket was cancelled because I didn't take the first leg. I called Travelocity to remedy the situation and the agent told me that the previous agent must have given me the wrong information and that my only option was to buy a new ticket at full price (with a credit from the first flight) but that once they pulled the audio from the first call and proved that the first agent did give me the wrong information, I would be refunded the difference that I had to pay for the new flight, which came to $365.

TWO MONTHS go by, after calling at least 10 times, and getting 10 different stories from various agents, I was finally informed by a supervisor that they had "lost" the recorded phone call and that I would not be getting a refund. Obviously this did not sit well with me, as I'd now been lied to twice, once by the original agent and once by the second agent who booked by new flight. (not to mention NUMEROUS inaccuracies told to me by the dozen or so agents I talked to in between), all of their agents are based out of India with VERY thick accents that I cannot understand.

So finally today I get a call (FOUR MONTHS LATER) informing me that they are still unable to locate the recording of the call and that my case would be dropped and I would not be receiving a refund (of course). The agent even said to me VERBATIM: "Why would we be interested in finding this call that would prove us wrong and cost our company money" That's the first honest thing I've heard from a Travelocity agent.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/01/2013 09:09 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travelocity/Southlake-Texas-76092/Travelocity-Terrible-Customer-Service-Stupid-or-Liars-Southlake-Texas-1072051. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travelocity