Complaint Review: Travis Auto Care

• Updated: Fri, April 25, 2014

• Reported By: Mr, Johnson — Tampa Florida
Travis Auto Care
5210 East 10th Ave Tampa, Florida USA

Travis Auto Care Travis Dalton Incompetent Unprofessional Mechanic Your Car And Money Will Disintegrate Tampa Florida

*Author of original report: Very Unprofessional And Just Made My Point More Valid

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: the guy reporting me is a drug addict

Took my 1996 Honda in for a head gasket job. Travis showed me that according to his computer it was a 6 hour job and he would have it done in 3 days at a cost of $450 including fluids and parts. Since I did not want to have any unexpected problems later on I also gave him the instruction to send the head to a machine shop to have it re-surfaced and authorized hime to add an extra $107 to my bill for this service.

Well a 3 day job turned into a month and when I finally came to pick up my car he notified me that he had lost the keys. I left without my car again.

The next day Travis had a locksmith come and make a new key so that I could finally come and pick up my car. I was very happy to finally have my car but that didn't last long. I paid my bill which came out to $689 plus an additional $50 in parts which I had provided to him during the process of completing the job and proceeded to drive the car away. [continued below]....

.....

I made it approximately 1 or 2 miles before the car started acting up. It took me 2 feet in order to drive the car. I had to use 1 foot to rev the engine to keep it running and the other for the brake.

I made it about 3 more miles and pulled into another shop to have them take a look at it. They informed me that there was water in the oil and oil in the water. Also there was improper compression in 2 of the 4 cylinders. Basically the problem that I paid to have fixed was not fixed at all and the car was worse off than when I brought it to him.

I immediadetely took the car back to Travis to have him fix his mistake, however I received a call from the second shop on the way down the street. They told me to come back because parts were actually falling off of my car.

I brought Travis the parts that fell off and the car. I was given excuses and told that he would take a look at it. We are well into the second month and my car sits, and is not being worked on while I see several other cars come in and out daily. I have also noticed many other customers that were irate over his incompetent work and would not be surprised to see more complaints to follow.

I still do not have my car and have not received a refund. I was told so many stories at this point that I cannot even fit all of them in this post. This is absolutely without a doubt, the worst mechanic I have ever seen.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/29/2014 09:43 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Travis-Auto-Care/Tampa-Florida-33619/Travis-Auto-Care-Travis-Dalton-Incompetent-Unprofessional-Mechanic-Your-Car-And-Money-Will-1134668. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Travis Auto Care

Very Unprofessional And Just Made My Point More Valid

AUTHOR: Mr, Johnson - ()

I will not even justify his slander. However I will state that I have a written receipt with a 1 year UNLIMITED parts and labor guarantee. Furhtermore, I only drove the car 3 or 4 miles and stopped at another shop because the car kept stalling and I only asked the shop to take a look and that is all that they did.

The shop that I took my car to after Travis auto care had my car for over a month and broke it was a registered motor vehicle repair shop in Tampa, Florida.

Travis auto care is not and was not a registered motor vehicle repair shop although he told me he was. And while making up false accusations about a customer in order to slander them and justify ripping someone off, why would anyone take a car to a business like this.

Furthermore, if you were a customer and took your car to a shop to be fixed, would you be satisfied after paying $658 plus additional part to hav e the shop owner tell you "sorry I messed it up but here is $250 or $300" Basically I received a worthless car that was worse than when I brought it to them. Then I was told that even thouigh I just spent $658 and the job was not done correctly, I was out of luck and too bad for me.

If you are reading this just think of how you would react to this situation. Would you take a broken car and lose $400, or would you want to receive a full refund. They were also given the option to fix the car correctly and keep the money with no complaint but they refused. This brings things to this point. Very sad excuse for a business

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

the guy reporting me is a drug addict

AUTHOR: tcd1988 - ()

this guy brought a car in my shop to have a head gasket installed and i removed the head sent it to the machine shop to have shaved then installed new gaskets. well after fixing the car he drives to another mechanic shop to have them look at it instead of coming to me the first time. at that shop i guess somehow parts fell off so i had him bring it to me. thats when i noticed this other shop tampered with the car so i offered the customer the money back for the labor we did on the car but he wants all the money for the machine shop and parts like an idiot. so he is bad mouthing me on here if you have a problem contact me personally