Complaint Review: trendsource agency

• Submitted: Thu, March 22, 2012
  • Updated: Sun, January 27, 2013

• Reported By: jolene — san diego California United States of America
trendsource agency

trendsource agency new job!!! wrong a trick you end up committing fruad and never knew it, Internet

*UPDATE Employee: Never Paid Me for Work Performed

*UPDATE Employee: Trendsource Agent since 2007

*General Comment: Trendsource is a Reputable Company

I answered an add on craigslist for secret shopper. I have been looking for employmeny and this sounded fun. I received a reply soon after. I was told i needed a chase bank account for payment and to help with funding for my assingments. I opened one. I was told this company was hiried by large companies to secret shop there stores and give back a report on things like if store was clean, how long tell i was helped , who helped me ect. my first assingment was to shop a western union he said they were reported that money sent didnt reach person it was sent to and they had bad service.

i was told to pick up money at chase bank threw quick pay then go to a western union ans send to person i was told. i was to get back the report to them right after.I find out later that the money i picked up was stolden some how because it came from someones personal account.. My account was closed and the bank is telling me i have to pay back this money. I thought i did my homework in making sure that the company was a real I looked them up on the B.B.B. they had an A+ rate. I found a web sight for them online. and i use to work for a grocery store and they would shop our store so i felt it was safe to work for this employer.

I thought if the grocery store has hired secret shoppers that no way would they mess with anything not  legal.They sounded very professinal and after the A+ rate with B.B.B how could i go wrong? Now it turns out I may have commited a crime with out even knowing and i am scared what might happen.I dont have money to re pay money taken from who ever it came from and i never intended to ever do so in the first place.I feel horrible for this person and i shouldnt have to be in this position eather. I talked to the bank and told them i wanted to help them find this person that i had all the emails still on my computer and all the paperwork from the jobs he had me do and that i woukld be more than willing to help.

They didnt seam intersted in anything but me paying back the money. The person that had me work for him emailed me after my account had be closed and asked what had happened he did not know i had been informed of what was happening. I told him i had an issue with a check that a girlfrind had givin me and that my account was on hold tell i could cover the check , i didnt want him to know i had been told what had happened so i hopefully could get so help and have him stoped and charged for doing this to people. he is stil in contact with me waiting for me to fix my account. I need help i dont know what i can do,

i want this man stoped it is unfair that one person is missing there hard earned money and it is not right that i could be in trubble with the law and bank for somthing i really had no idea was accuring. I am a single mother of three young children that was looking to find some work not looking to comit any crime. i need help please someone help me like i said i will do everything i can to help catch this guy, but dont know how long i can make him wait before he thinks i know. he has been emailing me trying to get me to do other things i have not responded. lets get this guy off the internet not to take advantage of others. please help .

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/22/2012 10:17 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/trendsource-agency/internet/trendsource-agency-new-job-wrong-a-trick-you-end-up-committing-fruad-and-never-knew-it-857770. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on trendsource agency

Never Paid Me for Work Performed

AUTHOR: Sandra - (USA)

I've been working for TrendSource for a few weeks. I expected my first payment for work performed on the 5th since they say that they issue pay on the 5th and 20th of each month. The 5th came and went - no deposit was made. I asked TrendSource, they said deposits were made at 2pm so I waited and checked with my bank on the 6th - no deposit. Emailed TrendSource again but no response. On the 7th I checked with my bank and was again told no deposits had been made nor was there any deposits pending. Looks to me like TrendSource is a scam.

Trendsource Agent since 2007

AUTHOR: Mendy Harrison - (United States of America)

I have been a Trendsource agent since 2007. So that is 5 years (6 years this year in July). I have had no problem being with them. I have had no "Ripoff". The only thing I had to pay for the entire time I have been with them was to pay for my criminal background report. And that is so I could do certain shops / jobs. I really enjoy working with Trendsource. It gives me something to do when I do not want to stay at home all the time. I have spoke with SEVERAL people & have nothing but good things to say. DO NOT BELIEVE THIS AT ALL...... I do not even work in California where Trendsource is out of. I live & work in Lakeland, Fl. If you want to know anything about Trendsource let me know & I will be more than happy to help or recommend you to someone to help you!

mendyharrison79@gmail.com

#3 General Comment

Trendsource is a Reputable Company

AUTHOR: edie1264 - (United States of America)

Trendsource is a member of the BBB and is a reputable company.  I have done numerous shops for them and have never been ripped off by them.  Right on their website is a scam warning people of the types of devious and underhanded methods of obtaining money from a poor, unsuspecting, and gullible individual.  These scammers use reputable companies names, such as Trendsource, to try and get people to fall for this type of con.  I received a check that was of a large sum in the mail, but was smart enough to do a search on the company and find out that they were using a reputable company's name to scam people.  The actual company was legitimate, as well as a few others I have come across, but these people did not have anything to do with the legitimate company.  I would visit the company's website and only take offers from that website and not trust an email that does not link to a physical website.  I also would not trust anything that I get in the mail (my check was for over a thousand dollars).  If it seems too good to be true, it probably is.