Complaint Review: Triple R Auto Sales

• Submitted: Thu, May 28, 2009
  • Updated: Mon, June 01, 2009

• Reported By:Fort Worth Texas
Triple R Auto Sales
4521 Hemphill St. Fort Worth, Texas U.S.A.

Triple R Auto Sales Crooks. Drove it home and it threw rod and cracked engine. Bad Cars.....They knew it was bad.. Fort Worth Texas

*Consumer Comment: Triple R Autos is the worst kind of Used car sleazeball

*Consumer Comment: Good question.

Me and my son went and looked at a Cavalier they had online, but it was sold. We looked at the 1994 Mazda MX6. We looked at it and I asked Roger (salesman) what was the ticking and he said the belt. So we drove it down the street a couple blocks and came back. We bought it and drove it home.
Next day my son drove it to school and home and to a friends house and on the way home it blew up. Oil leaked all behind it and smoke. We drove it less than 30 minutes since we bought it.
I called Triple R (5 minutes away) to see if he would trade me for another car or fix it? He said at your expense. I said I'm just up the street if you could come look at it? He wouldn't budge. I could tow it to them and his mechanic could look at it and fix it at My expense. I bought it as is.
We towed it home and I had a mechanic look at it and he said it was this way when you bought it. How can dealers sell cars that are messed up?

Debbie
Fort Worth, Texas

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/28/2009 04:55 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Triple-R-Auto-Sales/Fort-Worth-Texas-76133/Triple-R-Auto-Sales-Crooks-Drove-it-home-and-it-threw-rod-and-cracked-engine-Bad-Cars-456293. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Triple R Auto Sales

Triple R Autos is the worst kind of Used car sleazeball

AUTHOR: Idaho - ()

Or the salesperson tells a bald face lie- he tells you the title is clean.

While you're at the dealership the carfax report on the car you are looking for is unavailable.

The contract for the sale of the car does not say "Salvage" - it says "repurposed".

The dealer does not allow you more than $15 minutes with the car so it's not really possible to drivethe car long enough to do a decent evaluation or reach anyone you trust who can evaluate the car.

You get off the lot and the car dies as soon as you reach the highway.

The only real option is to buy cars only from people you know or reputable large dealerships. What Triple R Auto does is commit fraud (or something so close to fraud as to be nearly indistinguishable)on a daily basis. Avoid them.

Good question.

AUTHOR: Flynrider - (U.S.A.)

"How can dealers sell cars that are messed up?"

I'll give you the answer. You go to the dealership and buy a car that has a strange noise. You don't bother to get the car checked out. Then you sign a paper that says you are buying this car "as is", with no warranty expressed or implied. In other words, anything the salesman told you, like the noise was from a belt, does not apply. That's how they sell messed up cars.

Anytime you buy a used car "as is", it is up to you to make sure that you're not buying a piece of junk. You should take it to an independent mechanic and have it inspected. If you don't bother with this step, you're rolling the dice on your purchase.

Wal-Mart.com USA, LLC