• Report: #919717

• Submitted: Mon, July 30, 2012
  • Updated: Wed, November 21, 2012

• Reported By: Lori — Delta Utah United States of America
tripres.com

tripres.com Paid for "cancellation" insurance and wast told it will cost me more! Internet

*Consumer Comment: This happen to me too, and even worst

I called on the 17th of July and made reservations, through tripres.com, for 2 nights at the John Ascuagas Nugget.  We were going to Reno, for a wedding reception for the weekend of August 18th.   The representative on the phone told me his name was Nerrada.  After making the reservation, I was asked if I wanted insurance in case I needed to cancell.

I discussed a little, with Nerrada, about this and asked how soon would I have to notify them, to get my refund and if I would get a full refund.  He said I could call the day of my booking and get a refund.  (I can't remember the exact words, but, supposedly the conversation was recorded)

I had told Nerrada that I wanted to get the insurance, because near past, I had paid for events that I had to cancell, and lost money.. and, so I wanted to insure that this time, I didn't lose my money.  Nerrada led me to believe that all was well, and that I would be covered and able to cancell for no reason at all.

Well, we found out yesterday, that the reception date had been changed, and we will not be able to go on the new date.  So, today, I tried to cancell my reservations.

I was told that the insurance that I got did not cover for "date changes", and that only if there was a death in the family, would I get my money back.  This was NOT what I was told in the first place!

After arguing with the representative named, Jerry, he said he would listen to the recorded conversation and get back to us.

In the meantime, my husband called the Tripres.com (800-255-0372) and the woman who he talked to, told us that it would cost us $50.00 per person to cancell our reservations, ($100.00) or it would cost us $25.00 to change the date of the reservations.  When David asked what it would cost if we hadn't gotten insurance, the woman said there would be no change and that we would have to pay the cancellation fees and then we could call the Travel Guard Group, with whom the insurance policy was subcontracted (by Tripres.com) and see if we could get them to reimburse us.

I DID NOT purchase insurance on my reservations for any other purpose, but in case I had to cancell; so, I could get my money back.  I feel I was taken advantage of and "screwed" out of my money, having to pay for insurance that did NOTHING for me!

This is fraudulent in my opinion!  I feel I was lied to or in the least, mislead to believe that I was "covered" if I had to cancel my reservations.  LIES!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 07/30/2012 12:14 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/triprescom/internet/triprescom-Paid-for-cancellation-insurance-and-wast-told-it-will-cost-me-more-Interne-919717. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on tripres.com

This happen to me too, and even worst

AUTHOR: Van - (United States of America)

I went through the same situation as you, When I call back to reserve another day....I found out my money is gone. They said the company that I paid already filed a bankruptcy report and can't do anything with that.