Complaint Review: Tropical Chevrolet, Inc.

• Submitted: Tue, November 19, 2013
  • Updated: Tue, November 19, 2013

• Reported By: Angel — Parkland Florida
Tropical Chevrolet, Inc.
8880 Biscayne Blvd Miami Shores, Florida USA

Tropical Chevrolet, Inc. www.miamichevy.com Ordered a car but they cancelled it without my approval Miami Shores Florida

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Our Sincerest Apologies

I would never order another car or do business with Tropical Chevrolet.

I gave a deposit and ordered a new 2014 Corvette Stingray. I was told the order was going to be placed on Monday as I did the transaction on a Saturday. Monday came around and there was no order placed. After 10 days they finally submitted the order. Then I was told there was a list of people ahead of me. Initially the sales person didn’t say how many until a few days later. He then told me there were about 9 people ahead. I asked him why he didn’t say anything when I placed the order but he didn’t have an answer.

I was patiently waiting and after almost 2 months I started to inquiry more about the order. I was initially told I should have the car by the middle of December. I kept on checking the status on the Chevrolet website and it kept giving me the same status (Order Placed). I was also told it would problem take about 6 to 8 weeks once the order went into the next phase. So I was trying to figure out where the holdup was. Was it at the dealership or at GM.? When I tried to investigate further by going to GM and GM contacted the dealer, the dealer called me stating they decided to cancel my order saying I would be a problem customer therefore they no longer wanted to sell me a car. All this, after patiently waiting almost 2 months.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 11/19/2013 07:02 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tropical-Chevrolet-Inc/Miami-Shores-Florida-33138-3343/Tropical-Chevrolet-Inc-wwwmiamichevycom-Ordered-a-car-but-they-cancelled-it-without-m-1100777. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tropical Chevrolet, Inc.

#1 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Our Sincerest Apologies

AUTHOR: Tropical Chevrolet - ()

On behalf of all of us here at Tropical Chevrolet, I sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you have received at our dealership. I assure you that 100% customer satisfaction has always been our utmost priority, and I would very much appreciate the chance to discuss with you further the issues you've mentioned in your review. Please contact me at your earliest convenience. Sincerely, Erica Wildstein, (305)-754-7551, ericaw@tagemail.com.