Complaint Review: Tropical Motors

• Reported By: Timmsr — Palm Bay Florida
Tropical Motors
1501 W KING ST Cocoa, Florida USA

Tropical Motors Fraud and Deception Cocoa Florida

On Labor Day weekend of this year (8-31-2013) we purchased a vehicle (2006 Chevy Cobalt LS). Because it was Labor Day weekend our mechanic was closed and so I carefully inspected for anything obvious (I’m by far no mechanic) and purchased the car.

The car was driven to our house and parked until my mechanic had time to inspect the vehicle after Labor Day. As luck would have it the car was inspected and had numerous major problems that only a true mechanic would have caught. Problems ranged from VERY bad transmission, water in oil/gas as well as oil in other internal areas of the engine. My mechanic’s advice was to JUST drive it back home, contact the dealer and if an agreement is reached have it towed back to the dealership. In my mechanics words they sold us a car that was suppose to be operable and IT SHOULD not be operated.

After numerous failed attempts to talk to the G.M./Owner we went back to the dealership (30 miles-one way) following the Cobalt “in-tow”. Once there we were told that we could ABSOLUTELY NOT HAVE OUR MONEY BACK. After a lengthy day of haggling over the car/money he finally agreed we could pick through his choice of 2-3 cars of similar value. After taking the choices they had given us to a mechanic in there area (our area not allowed) we pick the best of the worst. It was a 2001 Saturn L200. We only selected the car because despite the numerous problems, with extra money, they agreed that “Only Their Mechanic” would fix ALL the problems. In the weeks following we made 4 trips after having been told each time on the phone that all of the problems we have been discussing was completed and ready for pick up only to arrive with the car not finished and the part(s) not there. Those trips alone equaled 240 miles traveled for nothing.

Well it has now been 27 days and we still have no car. One of the hold ups is because they still haven’t received a compressor for the air conditioner. This was extra maddening especially since they told us to give an additional $100.00 to purchase the item and to have one of there people go to Orlando to pick it up. As of the next phone call to Tropical Motors (9-25-13) they told us they never have their people pick up parts that they are delivered?  Additionally since waiting all this time we found out that the Blue Book value for this car they are supposedly fixing up for us is worth less than half of the money they were originally given for the Cobalt.  (Original Amount: 3613.78 – Blue Book value on car Saturn WHEN fixed $1509.00).

Today’s (9-26-2013) call to the dealership resulted in the response that the mechanic was out sick

and that the owner’s girlfriend went into labor. Again the receptionist said however the car may

be ready for picked up tomorrow.

I could absolutely kick my self for purchasing the first vehicle, its in my name though it is intended

for my grandson who has saved this money for several years.  We have been raising him since he

was 1 year old, He’ll be 18 on October 9th. He was just chomping at the bit that day and so I caved

in. My wife and I suffer from numerous illnesses (ME: post stage-4 head/neck cancer & colon

Cancer, Wife: suffers from MS. & major back trauma) That day was long and is way we caved into

our sweet grandson.

We are currently dealing with our own car maintenance issues, mortgage modification, huge

doctor bills (W/on-going illnesses) so we are unable to help him financially.  At this point we think

that our money should totally be refunded or at the very least we should be given the “fixed”

Saturn as well as an additional $1525.00 to compensate our Grandson for overpayment on a

cheaper vehicle. We would forever be in your dept if you could help us in any way and as soon as

possible.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/26/2013 06:15 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tropical-Motors/Cocoa-Florida-32926/Tropical-Motors-Fraud-and-Deception-Cocoa-Florida-1087649. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tropical Motors