Complaint Review: Truck Discount Mart

• Submitted: Mon, March 21, 2011
  • Updated: Sat, April 07, 2012

• Reported By: William L — Alamogordo New Mexico U.S.A.
Truck Discount Mart
26 Truck Tech Way Shippensburg, Pennsylvania United States of America

Truck Discount Mart Dishonesty Shippensburg, Pennsylvania

*General Comment: Air Filter

I purchased a Commercial Truck ( 2003 Freightliner Classic XL) from this Company.  I got a good truck from the company.  They "refurbish" these repo and auction trucks for resale and that is not the problem.   I was told that the truck would meet D.O.T. safety standards and there were several items that did not Pass inspection  and they "State and D.O.T." inspected it and placed Inspection stickers for the State of PA and Federal saying there were "NO DEFECTS"

I was not getting even fair fuel MPG'S and I decided to check the Air filters ( I was told they were new) and I got a shock, The air filters were 7 years old ( manufactured April 2004)  This could have allowed "DIRT" into the engine and caused a Engine Failure and when I contacted "Bret Stockslager" I was told that those air filters were not replaced because they were "Clean". BRET IS A LIAR, There is NO WAY that 7 year old air cleaner filters in a Truck breather are clean and he offered me "LIP SERVICE" over the issue.  This has been reported to Russ Darrow Leasing and to M&I bank.

My Advice is if you are going to buy a truck from this dealer, You need to take the truck of your choise to a Mechanic and pay to have it checked out before committing to the purchase or BRET STOCKSLAGER WILL RIP YOU OFF and this is a fact !!

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 03/21/2011 11:08 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Truck-Discount-Mart/Shippensburg-Pennsylvania-17257/Truck-Discount-Mart-Dishonesty-Shippensburg-Pennsylvania-708887. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Truck Discount Mart

#1 General Comment

Air Filter

AUTHOR: MartyMarsh - (United States of America)

Even if your filter is dirty your not going to get anything in your motor to hurt it,that is what the filter was designed to do.But if it gets dirty enough eventually the truck won't run,and as far as the date on the filter I wouldn't have a problem with that neither,it would be nothing for them to sit around on a shelf waiting for a buyer.It's not an item that is changed as much as it should be.Did they change it?I don't have a clue.But it is obvious that there are alot of people out there these days that say everything is ok when it's not.

They keep sending me advertisements for there trucks,I have asked them over 100 times to take me off there mailing list but they keep sending,I sent unsubscribe 20 times in one day.Hmmm,maybe there are not honorable people.

Anyway good luck with your complaint and your truck and God Bless.