Complaint Review: trucks and moore

• Updated: Mon, June 24, 2013

• Reported By: cgrant — Augusta Georgia
trucks and moore
245 bobby jones expy augusta, Georgia USA

trucks and moore Sold me a Malfunctioning Car - VERY rude and no response or cooperation about fix or refund augusta Georgia

*Consumer Comment: Warranty

I recently purchased a truck from Trucks and Moore in Augusta GA and the dealer sold me a car assuring me that there were no issues with the car. After he allowed me to test drive the car i immediately recognized a minor issue with the gear shifter. I brought this to the attention of the dealer and he quickly said that it was minor and that he would take care of the repair for me. I thought the car looked nice enough and drove fine so i bought the car that day. I paid him 1500 cash.

After driving the car home for two days on the third day i noticed that the car began to have difficulties changing gears. I brought this to the dealers attention and they told me to bring it in and have it looked at. They said that the transmission was perfectly fine and just needed a flush. They did a flush and then told be to drive it for about 500 miles and then it should be ok. 500 miles came and went and there was still an issue with the gears shifting. I brought it back to them for a second time and on the 2nd diagnosis that said that the transmission was gone and i needed a brand new transmission. Mind you i had just made my first payment for the car the same day that i found this news out. Needless to say I was upset.

At this time it became dangerous to drive the  car because for first and second gear it would barely take off. I wanted Trucks and Moore to either help me with an arrangement to have it fixed or to receive some kind of discount for my repair. I was willing to pay but just needed some accomodations or arrangement to do so. I called and called to discuss my issue and desire. I even went by the store to try and talk with Larry Moore the owner. THe person who sold me the car whose name is Nick continued to give me the runaround and even refused to fixed the original minor issue that i had with the gear shifter which he promised to handle for me. I even left a detailed voicemail for Larry Moore on the company voicemessage system and he still has not responded.

The service and customer care here is horrible. And also the cars are suspect at best. Please do not buy a car from this place. They do not care.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 06/24/2013 05:19 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/trucks-and-moore/augusta-Georgia-30909/trucks-and-moore-Sold-me-a-Malfunctioning-Car-VERY-rude-and-no-response-or-cooperation-1061762. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on trucks and moore

Warranty

AUTHOR: Jim - ()

Please tell us the terms of the warranty which came with the car.