www.true.com or true.com has a malicious cancellation policy, as others here have noted.
In short, I wanted to check out the service for the "free week". It only took me three days to decide it was pretty lame. I "cancelled" online. I made the mistake of calling back the DAY listed to call before (9/25). Mind you that I didn't use this site at all. I was charged the $49.99 to cover the month of 9/25-10/25. I wanted to cancel right then and there and get a refund, having "had a paying account" for exactly 1 day. Most decent companies realizing that a) the account wasn't used and b) it was the FIRST day of the billing/use cycle would refund the ENTIRE amount - or at least a pro-rated chunk of it (in this case 29/30ths..) NOT true.com
I don't recommend www.true.com for these reasons:
1. When you "cancel" on the website, you really haven't cancelled. You need to call them during business hours to fully cancel your account. LAME. No other personal services are like this.
2. This single-month fee of $49.99 is FAR, FAR greater than any other personal service website. Why? There are many less people on this service than (((ROR redacted link))) etc (considerably cheaper 1 month fees on these services)
3. This "free trial extension" period after you decide to cancel online is ultra-lame and designed to give the company a second chance to milk you out of $49.99 when you forget to call them in time (my mistake: not spending ADDITIONAL time of mine to call them to "fully cancel" - 1 day too late = being charged $49.99!!!!!!!). Who else does this??
4. They will not even pro-rate a refund to you. I called them the VERY FIRST DAY of my "billing cycle" to cancel after seeing the $49.99 fee and they would NOT refund me a penny!
5. When I called to cancel ON THE DAY I WAS CHARGED FOR A MONTH - WITHOUT PRO-RATED REFUND OF ANY KIND, I was informed I could "keep the service for another month". For one second I thought of the joy of having another month to try to meet a dismally low number of people who are a poor match to me... hmmmm... Do you think they could make sure my account automatically cancelled at the end of that additional month I already paid for (rhetorical question)? Of course not. If I forgot about the deadline to cancel I would be charged again for yet ANOTHER $49.99.
NO, I don't work for a rival personals website. YES, I am in most cases a details-obsessed engineer. This time I messed up...
AVOID WWW.TRUE.COM !!!!!!!
U.S.A. CLICK here to see why Rip-off Report, as a matter of policy, deleted either a phone number, link or e-mail address from this Report.