Complaint Review: truedentaldiscounts.com

• Updated: Thu, December 19, 2013

• Reported By: Raidaas — Grizzly Flats California
truedentaldiscounts.com
159 Parliament Lp Lake Mary, Florida USA

truedentaldiscounts.com They pulled the old bait and switch and then refused to to give their advertised prices on their web site for Carington 500 Dental Plan Lake Mary Florida

I oreder over the phone after finding their web site for a dental plan they offered by Carington 500. Their web site quoted $75 a year for an individual and this is exactly what I wanted. Several times during the order processed I veerified that I only wanted the Carington 500 plan as they also offered a carington POS plan which reuired higher out of pocket fees.

Once I finished my order they were supose to e-mail me a temprorary ID within 24 hours and it never showed until I complained. When i rceievd it I di not notice it was for the POS plan not the 500 plan I had repeatidly requested. I found out when I went to a dentist and they handed me their estimate of service I required which didn't macth what I had seen on the web site when I ordered the plan. I then  noticed that the plan they signed me up for was the POS plan.

I called and complained and then said it would cost me $155 anually not the $75 that was on the web site which they had conviently removed by then. I asked to cancel my plan and they obliged but refused to refund the $25 additional processing fee they charged me on top of the $71 they cahrged for the plan. Yes the plan on-line was listed at $75 but they charged my $71 I have no idea why but when they quoted that price I again verified it was in fact for the 500 plan.

Her is where it gets ironic as I went back on their site and discovered that they had three payment options you could click on a follows

Annual: the paymentplan I originlly signed up for and t now showed a price of $155

Monthly:  which I didn't want for like 15 a month

and

Quarterly: Whcih i decided to see if I could get and it listed it for get this $19.95 a quarter.

I called them asked to convert o their quarterly plan and she sad it would be $59.95 a quarter and when I told her it has it at $19.95 on their web site and that is the price I want she put me n hold and then came back and said she couldn't and it would be $59.95. When i pointed out that that was false adveetising and by law your required to sell it to me at the advertised price she refused.

Within minutes of me hanging up they removed the $19.95 and replaced it with the $59.95 price but I had already printed out the web page with the lower price and wish i had for the originalrice advertised of $75.

Anyway they refuse to refund the processing fee even though I argued that they caused the situation and that I acted in good faith.

Bottom line I went on the Carington 500 webs site directly and got my plan for the $75 which they have on their web site but was charged another $20 processing fee.

So be warned never to use Truedentaldiscounts.com because even theough they use the word True in their name it is the farthest thing from the truth.

I have sent a letter of complaint asking for my $25 and have also filed a greivance with the California Insurance Comissioner office.

I will advise on the final outcome but I needed to warn others hence this report filing.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 12/19/2013 06:58 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/truedentaldiscountscom/Lake-Mary-Florida-32746/truedentaldiscountscom-They-pulled-the-old-bait-and-switch-and-then-refused-to-to-give-t-1108451. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on truedentaldiscounts.com