Complaint Review: Trulia

• Updated: Sat, August 31, 2013

• Reported By: CoolCathy — Cool California
Trulia
116 New Montgomery St SF CA San Francisco, California USA

Trulia Now with Market Leader, too Beware of AUTOMATIC renewal clause and auto bankcard charges San Francisco California

Polished SCAM. By far the worst lead generating system I have used.  There were many duplicates and other firms using click through to advertise they could do a better job.  Thousands of dollars and only 40 ligitimate "warm" leads with valid email address no coversions to sales.  1/2 of the 40 were in price ranges so low they don't exist or they were already in contract on the house and just wanted comps or had a agent.

I was in negotiation with them the day before renewal was to take place to transfer 1 of my zones which generaged almost no leads in 9 months to move those dollars into the larger zone I also had.  They said they'd get back to me.  Debited my account for $1,171. and renewed it automatically.  They confirmed I had called.  (never did give me an answer)

I asked the bank to reverse the charge, which they did until Trulia produced the contract with the auto renewal clause, even though I was in dialogue with them to cancel...... I got stuck for the payment!

Poor quality leads, terrible customer service and polished SCAM.  No ligitimate company has to do auto debits without notification and automatic renewals, unless their product is so inferior no one would renew by choice!

Don't fall for the sales pitch.  They told me the area I bought generated 80,000 hits a month.  I  had a 75% commitment and got less than 6 very weak leads per month.    My other source for 1/2 the cost is double the volume and I have a 10% conversion rate TO SOLD & CLOSED.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 08/31/2013 04:20 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trulia/San-Francisco-California-94105/Trulia-Now-with-Market-Leader-too-Beware-of-AUTOMATIC-renewal-clause-and-auto-bankcard-c-1080807. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trulia