• Report: #1120663

• Reported By: ConnieD — Indianapolis Indiana
Trutester
544 CELERON STREET Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania USA

Trutester, Dustin Mercer Very dishonest Pittsburgh Pennsylvania

*Author of original report: More proof of dishonesty

*REBUTTAL Owner of company: Rebuttal To Connie Deputy

This device did not work for me.  After behaving very unprofessionally and yelling at me and hanging up on me, Mr. Mercer reluctantly agreed to give me a refund, less a 15% restocking fee. When he refunded the amount, it was nowhere near what I paid less 15%.  He claimed the device was damaged. It was not damaged. Then he charged me for a "rental fee" as well! I am now going to have to go to the trouble of disputing this with my credit card company.  I feel this company is not only unprofessional, but also extremely dishonest.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 02/03/2014 07:51 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Trutester/Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-15221/Trutester-Dustin-Mercer-Very-dishonest-Pittsburgh-Pennsylvania-1120663. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Trutester

More proof of dishonesty

AUTHOR: ConnieD - ()

I have saved the e-mails if anyone needs to see the dates involved.  On Monday, Jan 20, I recieved notice from this company that the device would be shipped within 24 hours.  This would mean that I could NOT have recieved it before Weds, Jan 22, and if I recall, I recieved it the following Thursday or Friday.  My e-mail requesting a refund was on Sunday Jan 26th.  After a phone call with Mr. Mercer on Sunday Jan 26th and after behaving very unprofessionally, which he obviously is continuing to do, he reluctantly agreed to a refund for the original purchase price less 15% restocking fee.  He did NOT honor this agreement, and refunded far less than agreed on.  As anyone can see by the dates on the e-mails I had the device for about 3-4 days AT MOST. The device was tried out, found to not work, repackaged, and returned undamaged. I think it is probably obvious to anyone that someone would have to be VERY unhappy to file a report on this site.  Mr. Mercer now has at least two. I would advise anyone to be VERY careful doing business with this company. I will be disputing this with my credit card company and will not continue to engage with Mr. Mercer and his abusive attitude. Therefore, there will be no more replies to any of his "arguments".  The fact is he agreed to a particular refund which he did NOT honor.

#2 REBUTTAL Owner of company

Rebuttal To Connie Deputy

AUTHOR: DUSTY - ()

Sorry, Connie, had I known I was dealing with a four year-old, I would have sent a lollipop along with your refund.

My bad. Now what I would like you to do is go buy a car. Drive it for two weeks. And then return it and say you want all your money back because you no longer find it any fun. That's precisely what you did to me. To my credit, I did give you a refund, even though I now have a unit I cannot sell to anyone else.

Have a nice day.