Complaint Review: TS Air

• Phone: (302) 533-7458
  • Web:
  • Category: Liars

TS Air Lure you in with deceptive job title Newark Delaware

Well, I fell for it too. I saw the job listing on Careerbuilder for "customer relations $16/hr" and thought it sounded great. I thought it was a lot of money for a position that required no experience, but thought it was worth applying to.

First you get an e-mail that asks you to choose from two times for an interview. Then you show up and there are several other people there for the same interview time. You go into a room and the owner of the company gives you this spiel about how "time is money" so he has to do group interviews. Then you hear all about the company and then he tells you that this is a sales job and has nothing to do with customer relations. He makes up some B.S. about how advertising and sales are customer relations but at this point you know you have been deceived. He tells you his life story and how working for the parent company practically saved his life. He tells you how you can make an almost guranteed $400 a week without selling anything. He says that even if you never sell a single unit, you won't get fired because even if you just tell people about the product, that is advertising. He tells you that you could easily make $1000 a week while only working 25 hours/week. He tells you that all your appointments for demonstrating the product are pre-arranged and there is no cold-calling. Then you finish filling out your application and hand it to him as you walk out. He looks at your application and comments on it and asks you if you have any questions. Unless you have some really complicated question and he answers it with a lot of details, you talk to him for about 1 minute.

I asked if there were any benefits and he said no, not until you get a promotion. I need benefits, but I need a job too, so I was still kind of considering it.

Less than an hour later I got a call from the receptionist/human resources person. She says they want to offer me the job. I said I had to decline becuase I need health insurance. Without skipping a beat she launched into a spiel about how other employers may offer insurance, but the employee really pays for it by not getting paid as much and she gave me the name of a website to find cheap insurance. She had obviously done this before. She tried to sell me on the job harder than the owner had. I declined.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 09/02/2013 08:11 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/TS-Air/Newark-Delaware-19711/TS-Air-Lure-you-in-with-deceptive-job-title-Newark-Delaware-1081150. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on TS Air