Complaint Review: Tucker Logistics

• Updated: Wed, May 14, 2014

• Reported By: Denise — Stafford Virginia
Tucker Logistics
1287 East Newport Center Drive, Suite 201 Deerfield Beach, Florida USA

Tucker Logistics Charged $549 to transport my vehicle then became completely unreachable Deerfield Beach Florida

I utilized Tucker Logistics back in December,2013 to transport a vehicle from Chicago to New York for a relative.  I had a great experience- the individual I dealt with at the company was responsive and my vehicle was picked up and delivered on the agreed upon dates and times.

When I neeed to transport my vehicle from Chicago to Virginia, where I was relocating, I naturally thought to use Tucker Logistics again. I tried to reach the same sales representative I dealt with previously but did not get a response.  Figuring he may have left the company, I called the main number and made my request with an individual named Don.  He provided a quote and we agreed that my vehicle would be picked on Friday April, 25th and delivered on Sunday April 27th.

I went to their website and paid the full cost of the transport, $549. I paid in full only because I was comfortable with the company given my previous experience and to reduce the number of COD transactions I would have to deal with given I was also coordinating with two additional moving companies.

Don promised to email the name and contact number of the carrier who would be transporting my vehicle however, I never received the information.  The week before the scheduled pickup date I began trying to contact Don to secure the carrier information and got his voicemail each time. I left messages that were never returned.  I then started to call the main number and received a recording stating that all representatives were helping other customers and was invited to leave a message (no option to remain on hold for a representative). I called persistently for 2 days and received this same message day and night.  I called again today, over two weeks later (May 16th at midnight) and again received the same message.

Given that the company become completely unreachable, I was forced to find another shipping company the day before my scheduled pick up that was able to transport my vehicle.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 05/14/2014 09:03 PM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tucker-Logistics/Deerfield-Beach-Florida-33442/Tucker-Logistics-Charged-549-to-transport-my-vehicle-then-became-completely-unreachable-1146811. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tucker Logistics