Complaint Review: Tuffy Auto Frankfort, IL

• Reported By: Marybeth — FRANKFORT Illinois
Tuffy Auto Frankfort, IL
20250 S. LaGrange Road Frankfort, Illinois USA

Tuffy Auto Frankfort, IL RIPOFF DIAGNOSTIC and $200 BILL Frankfort Illinois

My son took his 2001 Ford Focus to Tuffy in Frankfort, IL.  The owner Greg put it up on a rack and claimed he needed a $3,500 transmission.  This car has a manual transmission.  We then took it to Midas in Tinley Park where we usually go.  The reason he didn't is because Midas is so good there is always a wait.  It is well worth the wait.  Greg claimed he made a two hour diagnostic on the car and charged my son $199.98 having done NOT one thing to the car.  He also completely missed what was wrong with the car and was willing to rip us off for $3,500.  Midas immediately diagnosed and showed us the bad part (a bearing) charged us $290 and the car is running great.  I called Greg and told him and he said they don't know what they are talking about.  Greg, I know what I am talking about Better Business Bureau.

This report was posted on Ripoff Report on 01/12/2014 09:31 AM and is a permanent record located here: http://www.ripoffreport.com/r/Tuffy-Auto-Frankfort-IL/Frankfort-Illinois-60423/Tuffy-Auto-Frankfort-IL-RIPOFF-DIAGNOSTIC-and-200-BILL-Frankfort-Illinois-1114945. The posting time indicated is Arizona local time. Arizona does not observe daylight savings so the post time may be Mountain or Pacific depending on the time of year.

Click Here to read other Ripoff Reports on Tuffy Auto Frankfort, IL